PDA

View Full Version : YCNH Fract for Dave

Cheryl Slechta
01-28-2011, 07:40 PM
I wanted to do at least one fractalius for Dave's week although this turned out to be different from his style so I hope he doesn't mind. I used Fractalius Impression with luminosity blend mode, then added Nik - Contrast Only to change it a bit. I thought it ended up with an odd, kind of dreamy, illustration look to it.
Thanks for looking. Comments and suggestions appreciated.:S3:

Arthur Morris
01-28-2011, 07:46 PM
Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful. The soft light is perfect and Fractalius did an amazing job with the foliage. What pre-set did you being with?

The top of the head and the eye socket could go a tad lighter.

Did you do any cloning right in front of the bird's upper chest?

denise ippolito
01-28-2011, 07:51 PM
Cheryl, Beautiful and I agree w/ Artie regarding the eye socket. I really love the foliage-it's gorgeous!

Cheryl Slechta
01-28-2011, 09:21 PM
Artie, Thanks so much. I used Impression I but blending with luminosity created a lot of the lighting effect. I know I cloned some branches to the right of the heron's back but on the front there was a slight halo and I cloned tiny areas to erase the halo. How did you know:S3: (I'll never forget one of my earliest posts of an egret on a post - I had done a lot of cloning in the foreground and had no idea what I was doing. Dave commented on the image and then said "but uh oh, I see repeating lines"):eek: I was devastated.

Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful. The soft light is perfect and Fractalius did an amazing job with the foliage. What pre-set did you being with?

The top of the head and the eye socket could go a tad lighter.

Did you do any cloning right in front of the bird's upper chest?

Cheryl Slechta
01-28-2011, 09:24 PM
Thanks, Denise:S3: I should have cloned the little twig underneath his beak!

Andrew McLachlan
01-28-2011, 09:57 PM
Cheryl. love the use of fractalius on this one. The soft use of it really works nicely. Agree with Arthur on the head and eye socket. Very nice work!

Arthur Morris
01-28-2011, 10:00 PM
Artie, Thanks so much. I used Impression I but blending with luminosity created a lot of the lighting effect. I know I cloned some branches to the right of the heron's back but on the front there was a slight halo and I cloned tiny areas to erase the halo. How did you know:S3: (I'll never forget one of my earliest posts of an egret on a post - I had done a lot of cloning in the foreground and had no idea what I was doing. Dave commented on the image and then said "but uh oh, I see repeating lines"):eek: I was devastated.

YAW. Thanks for the pre-sent info. Denise and I were admiring the image while on the phone and she mentioned it. She has a much better eye for fine detail than I do.

Be happy :)

Steve Adkins
01-28-2011, 10:22 PM
Beautiful image, Cheryl. Agree with others and LOVE the colors, shading and amount of detail. I am really attracted to the use of color and foliage to frame the subject.

denise ippolito
01-28-2011, 11:14 PM
YAW. Thanks for the pre-sent info. Denise and I were admiring the image while on the phone and she mentioned it. She has a much better eye for fine detail than I do.

Be happy :)

What I also said is that it didn't detract from the image IMO and not worth the mention.:S3:

Kerry Perkins
01-29-2011, 12:02 AM
Very nice Cheryl. I really like the depth of this image - good 3D effect. Nice colors and tones, agree with suggestions above. Good work. :c3:

Kaushik Balakumar
01-29-2011, 07:25 AM
Really really beautiful ! Very creative idea to use the filter to produce this effect. Liked the composition here. The dreamy green foliage compliments the bird so well.

Richard Lovison
01-29-2011, 07:44 AM
Cheryl,

This has a wonderful dreamy look to it. It's one of the most beautiful images I've seen with the bird surrounded by its natural habitat. Excellent work with Fractalius.

I have a very minor suggestion... if it were mine I might try and bring out a bit more detail in the chest and stomach of the bird.

Well done.

Richard

Christopher Miller
01-29-2011, 10:55 AM
Beautiful image, Cheryl! I love the softness and depth to it. Very well done! :S3:

Indranil Sircar
01-29-2011, 02:51 PM
Fantastic composition, Cheryl. The effect on the green is phenomenal. Love it...

Cheryl Slechta
01-29-2011, 10:32 PM
Thanks everyone:S3: