PDA

View Full Version : Common Grass Yellow feeding

subhrashis
01-28-2011, 06:34 AM
Well, it's winter over here too, but I figured some warmer tones would make a nice change. This one was shot about a week ago...

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5209/5376908672_7cc1c3ceed_b.jpg

D5000, 70-300 ED VR at 95 mm with +3 achromat, natural light, 1/1250 @ f/11, matrix - 2/3 eV, ISO 400, processed with linear curve, and desat yellow before bringing back colors through levels, USM.

Allen Sparks
01-28-2011, 09:53 AM
wow - that is one great closeup! Love the details, texture, and color. These types of butterflies are very flighty over here - I've never been able to get that close...nicely done. If you have more room at the bottom, a little breathing space down there would be nice and also maybe a little to the left. Minor nit is the petal covering the probiscus. Great image!

Steve Maxson
01-28-2011, 11:52 AM
Hi Subhrashis. I love the lighting that brings out all the texture and detail in the wings. The colors are striking as well. If this was mine, I would wish for a little more room at the bottom - it will be interesting to see what some of the fans of tight crops think. :S3: Well done.

Roman Kurywczak
01-28-2011, 11:58 AM
.....it will be interesting to see what some of the fans of tight crops think. :S3: Well done.
Hey Subhrashis,
Yeah......even a bit more room at the bottom for the tight crop guy!:2eyes2:........I think if you also selectively lighten the eye.......this will also help a bit too......just be careful not to overdo it! Nicely done overall!

Dave Leroy
01-28-2011, 10:52 PM
A dandy shot and good for you.

A ton of fine detail and texture. You have certainly captured the very delicate nature of the wings.

I also find your comment about supersaturating the yellows and then bringing them back in interesting. I'll keep that in mind. Tks.

Dave

Ken Childs
01-29-2011, 05:10 PM
Hey Subbu, the detail you captured in those wings looks fantastic! I like tight crops but I do wish there was a bit more room on the bottom. It's too bad there are petals in front of the proboscis and the front antenna although I think you might be able to work some cloning magic on that antenna. Overall this is nicely done! :S3: