PDA

View Full Version : Three

Kaushik Balakumar
01-28-2011, 04:33 AM
While making images of these trees from the opposite mountain, I found this particular composition interesting for the three rows of green pine trees slicing the other yellow ones.
Not sure if it appeals to you in any way.

Critiques/views most welcome.

P.S. Pardon me for I could not think of a good title.

Roman Kurywczak
01-28-2011, 11:29 AM
Hey Kaushik,
You definitely have an eye for the patterns and this is another good example. If you scrol with the browser.....effectively cropping of the top row of trees, which almost form a straight line, the comp becomes even more effective. Colors appear a bit off to me.....a bit too orange perhaps......but that is quite subjective......but nicely handled overall and a small crop and some minor clean up will make the comp even stronger.

Kaushik Balakumar
01-28-2011, 12:02 PM
Yup, I see the top cropping suggestion you made - a nice one indeed. I tried scrolling in similar manner you mentioned and it does seem to improve the comp. The colours of trees are pretty much as they were. They were more of a brownish yellow (to the naked eye) and this is probably the reason why it looks orange-ish in the image.

Thank you Roman.

Valerio Tarone
01-28-2011, 12:28 PM
Kaushik I like the blend of colors and the geometric, balanced rows.

Morkel Erasmus
01-28-2011, 01:12 PM
you certainly made these trees work for you Kaushik
lovely patterns and colours here...

I agree with Roman's crop suggestion.

Dave Mills
01-29-2011, 12:11 AM
Hi Kaushik, I like Roman's crop suggestion and feel it makes the image stronger. The clearly defined diagonal rows give the image alot of interest. I'll take your word that the tree colors were as they appeared. The color is better defined than in the previous post...

Nick Palmieri
01-29-2011, 07:59 AM
I really like the patterns. I am wondering if you should open the shadows a bit??? Nice job!

Andrew McLachlan
01-29-2011, 09:29 PM
Wonderful eye for the patterns here Kaushik! I agree with the crop suggestions by Roman. Very nicely done!

Katherine Enns
01-31-2011, 05:39 AM
These are Larch trees, and they are really reflective of light. They often have a darker interior. Romans suggestion is a good one. This is a very pleasing image. Its cheerful, I like that!

kat

Robert Amoruso
01-31-2011, 01:21 PM
Good eye Roman, I agree.