PDA

View Full Version : Problem with site on Firefox

Mike Milicia
01-27-2011, 07:33 PM
The site has been unusable on Firefox on my Mac for the past day or two. Is this a known problem and any word on a fix?

Sid Garige
01-28-2011, 08:52 AM
Mike,

I am using Firefox on Mac and not seeing any issues.

-Sid

Mike Milicia
01-28-2011, 09:15 AM
I am using Firefox on Mac and not seeing any issues.
-Sid
Thanks, Sid. That's interesting. Must be related to the exact versions.
To be more specific, I am using Firefox 3.6.13 on Mac OS X 10.5.8 on a Powermac G5.
It's old hardware and not the latest OS (not supported for PowerPC) but this is the one and only site I have come across that has any issues whatsoever. Also, everything is fine when I use Safari.

Steve Uffman
01-28-2011, 11:07 PM
works great on window 7...

The site has been unusable on Firefox on my Mac for the past day or two. Is this a known problem and any word on a fix?

Mike Milicia
01-29-2011, 09:23 AM
Don't know what was changed but all is back to normal now :S3:

Allen Hirsch
01-29-2011, 12:39 PM
I had a problem with Firefox too (in Windows, not Mac) - couldn't open new threads, only visit old threads. I finally opened this forum in Explorer as a workaround.

Chris Ober
02-01-2011, 01:56 PM
I've seen a lot of problems with Firefox on Macs due to an IP6 option in Firefox. It will still try to perform IP6 lookups and will be a problem on some service providers that aren't support it yet. Even with IP6 disabled in the system, Firefox can, and will, often choke. You can try this as a workaround and it's fixed a couple of machines I've tried at home.

From the address bar in Firefox, enter about:config
Go to the option network.dns.disableIPv6 and change it to True by double clicking on it. You can just copy/paste the whole name in the Filter box at the top to find it easier.