PDA

View Full Version : Red-billed Teal early morning.

Pieter de Waal
01-27-2011, 03:55 PM

Another shot of the Red-billed Teal in early morning light but with more space and reflection.

50D/EF500f4/1/500 @ f8/iso400/EC-0.67 - bean bag about 80%FF

C&C allways welcome.

James Salywoda
01-27-2011, 04:41 PM
I like the pose and composition Pieter but I think I'd sacrifice the reflection for more room up top the duck looks excellent. Well Done!

Tony Whitehead
01-27-2011, 05:44 PM
I love these birds, Pieter. Lovely surrounds with the water. I agree with Jim regarding more space above as it seems a little cramped up into the top left corner. Alternatively just cropping from below can balance it up quite nicely.

Daniel Cadieux
01-27-2011, 08:29 PM
Beautiful duck, great looking eye too. I like the pose. Exposure is spot on, and details look great. I agree the comp is tight at top and needs more room up there, preferably by also sacrificing some of the reflection (which is not very strong anyhow). Image seems like it could need some CCW rotation.

Arthur Morris
01-27-2011, 11:26 PM
I'd like to see a bit more room all around. Sharp with a good exposure. A fraction less head turn would likely have improved this just a bit.

Stu Bowie
01-28-2011, 10:26 AM
Pieter, IMHO, your best of this series. Good light over the teal, good pose, and once again, the light on the eye shows it up so well. I feel the reflection doesnt add, so I would crop off about half off the bottom, and as stated by others, add a little to the top. Still, well captured.

Pieter de Waal
01-28-2011, 12:01 PM
Thanks for the comments allways appreciated and yes more room on top.
James and Stuart have had a look at cropping from the bottom to just where the neck begins and a big improvement with more focus on the duck, thanks.
Daniel you don't miss a thing, used the method in one of Art's recent blogs by connecting the eye in the reflection to the eye on the Duck and yes some CCW require. :S3: