PDA

View Full Version : Rusty Mary

kostas nianiopoulos
01-27-2011, 09:26 AM
http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/559/rustymairy.jpg

levels , crop , sharpen with the magic focus , vibrance , saturation , topaz denoise 5 .

canon 50d
f8
1/250
iso 400
EF USM IS 100MM MACRO L .
natural light

Thanks for watching .

Julie Kenward
01-27-2011, 07:39 PM
Kostas, this is crazy! I love that "in your face" stance of the fly. I think you could raise it up a bit with some simple cloning and clean up, though. I'd clean up the small stuff in the eye area and the blurred stripe that runs adjacent to the rusty pole on the left and bottom of the frame. I think you could also do some simple cloning on the hot spots along the fly's mid-section, too.

Maybe a bit more sharpening of the eyes, too?

Kaushik Balakumar
01-28-2011, 03:20 AM
Amazing 'head-on' image. Liked the way the head emerges out of the blur into you.

subhrashis
01-28-2011, 06:09 AM
I like the face details you have shown here! Can you try out one like this, with this POV, and less DoF ? I think that would also be dramatic.
There are 2 PP removable things that bug me here... first, the contrast between the light and shadow, maybe some shadow/highlights adjustments can benefit this image. Secondly, a problem I too have in many of my images is that the bright highlights, eg those in the fly's thorax here, shown colored fringes which look odd. Can some of the forum Gurus suggest a way to cure this?

Roman Kurywczak
01-28-2011, 11:54 AM
Hey Kostas, I generally prefer more DOF but I like the way it falls off in this image. I think the light angle was jurting you a bit in this......so the flash may have helped bring out the face a bit more and really get the eyes to pop. As for the color finging......try going into selective color.....and the channel you want to tweak........this helps most of the time to fine tune the colors.

Steve Maxson
01-28-2011, 02:23 PM
Hi Kostas. I like the head-on view here as well as the (mostly) clean background. I would suggest cloning the OOF whitish line in the LL. A little more DOF might have gotten the front of the face sharper - the sharpest focus appears to be near the top of the eye - and I think that would have taken the image up a couple notches. There are some good suggestions above by Jules, Subhrahsis, and Roman for you to consider. :S3:

Ken Childs
01-29-2011, 05:02 PM
Hey Kostas, not really anything I can add to the great advice already given! :S3: