PDA

View Full Version : Lifesphere

Keith Carver
01-25-2011, 07:13 PM
This image suggests a sphere of life about a bird, an individual avian world that moves through our skies and across our heavens. This is a combination of two images, the first a photo of cirrus clouds, the second a snowy egret. I used many filters to transform the cloud photo into the background seen here: fractalius, topaz simplify, pixel bender spherize, and others - to get the colors and textures that I wanted. The spherize step was critical. I selected a flight shot of a snowy egret (taken at St. Augustine, Florida) and pasted it into the sphere, using a linear burn blend mode. I wanted an ethereal sunset look to this image, just suggesting the bird without too much detail. I hope Dave would have approved of this.

denise ippolito
01-25-2011, 09:23 PM
Keith this is pretty cool! I'm sure Dave would like it. I know I do! I'm wondering how it would look with the globe a bit more to the right. I like that the bird is transparent and the sky colors are awesome.:S3:

Christopher Miller
01-25-2011, 09:31 PM
I think Dave probably would like it. It looks like something he would do. :S3: I like the concept, and the sky colors are just beautiful. I agree with Denise on moving the sphere to the right more.

Ken Childs
01-26-2011, 08:01 AM
Hi Keith, this is a really interesting concept you have going here! Those colors are out of this world. Moving the globe to the right would be a good idea or maybe just cropping a small slice from the right would do the trick.

Keith Carver
01-26-2011, 08:32 AM
Hi Keith, this is a really interesting concept you have going here! Those colors are out of this world. Moving the globe to the right would be a good idea or maybe just cropping a small slice from the right would do the trick.

Thanks for the suggestion, Ken, (and Denise and Christopher), I've cropped in the repost and do like it better.

denise ippolito
01-26-2011, 11:00 AM
I do like it better out of the center a bit. Nice job.:S3:

Cheryl Slechta
01-27-2011, 06:38 PM
Keith, what a great idea and a great job of processing. I especially like the egret looking like a line drawing. Well done, I know Dave would have appreciated it.:S3: