PDA

View Full Version : sunset and wildebeest on Etosha pan ( blend)

peter delaney
01-25-2011, 09:06 AM
good day to all... have not posted on Landscape for a while... this is my first attempt at blending two images... both from Etosha, Etosha sunset and sun is really that colour all the time...and the wildebeest walking out on to the pan at evening time...

Dave Mills
01-25-2011, 11:38 AM
Hi Peter, Great job in the blending. I wouldn't have known by looking at it. I feel the pano crop works well. I was debating your placement of the sun in a central position but in this case I think it works. Nicely handled...

Robert Amoruso
01-25-2011, 01:52 PM
I like the muted colors, the look of the sun, the dust blowing from their feet and the Pano crop. I feel the image is strengthened if you crop some off the left and move the sun out of the central placement Peter.

Kaushik Balakumar
01-26-2011, 05:25 AM
Very very beautiful ! Loved the sun and the dust rising from beneath wildebeest looks amazing.
I too was thinking on off-centering the sun but then cropping on any side (to off-centre the sun) imbalances the image on one way or the other. Hence, I guess I like it as presented.

Roman Kurywczak
01-26-2011, 03:35 PM
Hey Peter,
I love this one!!! while I agree that the off center placement may also work.......the central comp works because of the dust and herd. This one has a great mood so you also did a great job with the blend! Very nicely done!!!:cheers::cheers::cheers:

Andrew Aveley
01-27-2011, 09:31 AM
really creative work here mate ! I prefer as is !:eek:

Morkel Erasmus
01-28-2011, 02:07 PM
stunning work Peter...superb mood, great skills and a tranquil feeling to it.

Nick Palmieri
01-29-2011, 07:47 AM
Really like the mood in this one and feel it is strong as is. As another comp it may work to crop tightly around the wildebeest and sun...Great light. TFS

Daniel Cadieux
01-30-2011, 06:12 PM
Very cool. I like the sun's central placement as is. The wilderbeest herd kicking up some dust is a neat touch.

dankearl
01-31-2011, 09:30 PM
Beautiful, really cinematic, I would maybe have enlarged the herd a bit for even more effect, but a really great job putting this together.
I think another variation would be to really enlarge the animals and have the sun a small image on the horizon.
A very creative photo though, well done.

peter delaney
02-04-2011, 01:47 PM
Thanks all for comments.... Dave and Robert I have to be honest from the moment I saw the sunsets in Namibia I had already made my mind up to make an image with the sun big and in centre of image... but I will go back to image and play with it bit ... but I kind like as is..I may do as Dankearl suggested and make the wildebeest bigger

thanks again eveyone