PDA

View Full Version : Snowy Owl

Pierre Nadeau
03-19-2008, 04:11 PM
Picture taken south of the province of Québec Canada, sunrise at aroud 6:55am an took this picture
at 7:15am and temperature at minus 21C minus 8F. A friend beside me got mouse!
Don't hesitate if you have suggestions in order to improve this image;)
Canon EOS 40D---1/400---F/ 6.3
ISO 200
Canon EF500mm f/4L IS USM

Thank's
Pierre Nadeau

Gus Cobos
03-19-2008, 04:37 PM
Hi Pierre,
Love the composition and bacground, very pleasing colors. In my opinion, the whites on Mr. Owl seem to be a tad hot. I know its not easy shooting in snow. If you can bring out the details out a bit it would improve this image greatly..:)

Congrats on the capture...:D

Gus Cobos...:cool:

Pierre Nadeau
03-19-2008, 05:18 PM
Mr. Gus Cobos said:

Hi Pierre,
Love the composition and bacground, very pleasing colors. In my opinion, the whites on Mr. Owl seem to be a tad hot. I know its not easy shooting in snow. If you can bring out the details out a bit it would improve this image greatly.Do you mean by "hot" Over exposed whites??
If yes I don't understand because on my raw file in DPP highlight warning did not opened also in my camera no hightlight warning and I verify in the field my histogram and I was center a bit to right!
And in Photoshop I did not find area over 239....and on my original file when I crop to 100% I see detail in whites....................maybe I did something wrong.......
Thank's for your comments;)

Jody Melanson
03-19-2008, 05:32 PM
Doesn't look hot to me, Pierre. Nice intent look on him in gorgeous light! I like the blurred wingtips also.

Judy Lynn Malloch
03-19-2008, 06:01 PM
Wonderful action you captured in this image Pierre and I too love the blurred wings.. I find the composition most pleasing and would love to have this in my files. Thanks for sharing !

Gayle Clement
03-19-2008, 06:32 PM
I love the sharp face and brilliant eyes. Very beautiful work.

Mike Tracy
03-19-2008, 06:35 PM
Nicely exposed to my eye with pretty light. I also like the wing blur and position of him in the frame. Pretty image all the way around.

Steve Wheeler
03-19-2008, 08:50 PM
I can't imagine how much fun it must be seeing these guys in action... Exposure looks great on this end and I too love the blurred wing tips as well as thier position.

Nicely done.

Steve

Question... Do these guys change colors/plumage in the summer?

Manos Papadomanolakis
03-20-2008, 04:42 AM
Great flight shot with excellent colors