PDA

View Full Version : Shelter repost in color

Hazel Grant
01-24-2011, 02:42 PM
Don't mean to beat a photo to death, but I've been rather "taken" by possibilities of learning here. This is another view, slightly to the side, in color. some light adjustments to make the inside of the shelter more visible, removed objectionalbe stones and cropping on left and top. Thought maybe the bright sky would stand in contrast to the stark tree and shelter? Or, for those of you who saw the BW posting earlier, would that be preferred?
or is it just not worth salvaging?

Robert Amoruso
01-25-2011, 06:19 AM
Hazel,

I like the limited detail in the doorway. Spikes the curiosity but appears a bit ominous. I see that you are trying to frame this with the trees but I do not feel the central placement of the door works well.

My preference wold have been tighter on the door way with the trees only partially in the frame. I think that if I had happened upon this I would have tried a wide angle up close and ferwmed the door largeein the frame and tried to use the trees a more to create/enhance an ominous look then have them large ion the frame and dwarfing the dooway.

Dave Mills
01-25-2011, 11:27 AM
Hi Hazel, agree with Robert's statements regarding central placement and coming in tighter on the doorway. This will add to the images strength since the opening will dominate and might cause the viewer to imagine where it goes.....

Roman Kurywczak
01-26-2011, 03:28 PM
Hey Hazel,
Great points made above and I agree with them. I do think this one needs a moody light to make it more ominous.....but the WA up close may also convey that.