PDA

View Full Version : Wind Rows

Bill Randall
01-24-2011, 09:54 AM
f/9, 1/40, iso 500, 35mm. Nothing added or subtracted, but lots of adjustments to contrast during conversion.

Dave Mills
01-24-2011, 10:05 AM
Hi Bill, I like the comp with the hay acting as a leading line bringing the eye to the rear. I might have given just a bit more room on the left as to show all the hay line. The sepia tone is effective and gives the image an aged look to it. The tree is a strong center of interest and well placed. The sky is interesting but I see noise in the clouds and in this case I don't feel the vignetting is a plus...

Roman Kurywczak
01-24-2011, 01:18 PM
Hey Bill,
I think comp wise you did pretty well as Dave mentioned. I'm ok with grain in the sky.....but not everyone likes that look. I do think you went a bit strong with the vignette......I think the idea is a good one.....just back off the strength a bit.

Bill Randall
01-24-2011, 02:32 PM
The grain was intentional because of a film simulation. I like the grain and the sepia. A close friend of mine hates both and gives me grief every time I use it in a conversion. So you got to go with what you like. The vignette seems a bit darker here than on my file copy, but I agree it is a little heavy here. I don't understand what causes that. Thanks for the response gentlemen, I do appriceate it.

Robert Amoruso
01-25-2011, 06:13 AM
Bill,

You edid a good job with using the Weiss in the filed to provide strong leading lines in the field. The tree is a well placed anchor. I agree that a tad more on the left to avoid clipping one of the rows would have been good but neot a deal breaker.

I like the sepia look and the grain.