PDA

View Full Version : red leaves on dark BG

Valerio Tarone
01-23-2011, 12:30 PM
I remember to have seen an image,a tree with red leaves on a dark BG, commented by R.Amoruso. PErhaps 1 year ago. This is only an experiment trying to make a similar image, and to learn digital corrections. NIKON D70 Zoom 70-300 f 5,6 1/00 ISO400 correction in PP curves and brightness.

Dave Mills
01-23-2011, 10:46 PM
Hi Valerio, The subjects are well lit but the whole image appears soft. The image is very busy and makes it difficult to find a center of interest. There are also some bright areas on the lower left which are distracting. With an image like this I would try and isolate one or a small grouping of the red flowers with a clean backround...Simpler images can very often prove to be the most effective...

Bill Randall
01-24-2011, 09:44 AM
I agree with Dave pretty much. The color scheme of red or orange and blue work well as you went for here. I have trouble knowing where to look in this image. If it were mine I would crop around one well defined group of leaves and go from there.

Roman Kurywczak
01-24-2011, 01:11 PM
Hey Valerio,
Your idea was good.....you just need to isolate some areas a bit more as mentioned above. I often spend more time looking at the BG.....than at the actual subject as it plays a major role in most branches of photography. Just something to keep in mind when in the field.

Valerio Tarone
01-24-2011, 01:45 PM
Hey Valerio,
Your idea was good.....you just need to isolate some areas a bit more as mentioned above. I often spend more time looking at the BG.....than at the actual subject as it plays a major role in most branches of photography. Just something to keep in mind when in the field.

I absolutely agree , better less things than many this confusing the eye. We have to show Harmony not confusion normally. Too many branches and twigs. In PP i should do Lazo in some areas to darken them.

Robert Amoruso
01-25-2011, 06:01 AM
Hi Valerio,

Nice to see you back, my colleagues above gave you some great advice - isolate busy subjects and simplify the composition.