PDA

View Full Version : Transition

Kaushik Balakumar
01-23-2011, 05:02 AM
The larch trees changing colours to golden yellow in late autumn.
Having a fiery look when back-lit by sun.

Earlier I'd posted couple of B&Ws.

Techs:
Nikon D300 + Nikkor 70-300mm VR, handheld
f/11, 1/400, ISO400

Views/critiques are most welcome.

Richard Lovison
01-23-2011, 09:27 AM
Kaushik,

I guess I'm more a fan of color as this is my favorite out of the three you posted so far. I like the pattern and colors in the image. Well done.

Richard

Valerio Tarone
01-23-2011, 12:01 PM
Kaushik
I had preferred your previous, either because the B/W works well either I think the lower part, darker,doesn't tie together well here.
But I like your previous because clearly you made a keen research on colours and comp.

Dave Mills
01-23-2011, 10:51 PM
Hi Kaushik, I like the fact that you divided the image mostly on a diagonal with the one lone tree breaking the line. I also liked the B&W images better and feel they are more powerful. The trees look a bit washed for my taste.

Brendan Dozier
01-23-2011, 11:07 PM
Had I not seen your B&W versions, I would say this is a very nice image. Agee with Dave, your B&W versions make for more powerful images

Roman Kurywczak
01-24-2011, 01:09 PM
Hey Kaushik,
Another vote for the B&W vesions.....mostly because I feel your PP'ing work in the B&W's made the layers come out nicely so there was a nice play of light throughout. I think this one does lok a bit flatter.....so perhaps more mork in pp'ing to give this one some more depth? Worth exploring but way to look outside of the norm!