01-22-2011, 08:38 PM
Canon 1D Mark III
500mm +1.4ex
1/100 sec.
f/5.6
ISO 800
Tripod
Manual mode

This image was taken at Bosque del Apache NM. The background was a group of trees,leaves, etc. I used an f/5.6 hoping to blur it out. I thought the plume looked a bit like it was soft and snowy! Okay, if it doesn't fit the theme I get it. :S3::t3<big smile=""><big smile=""> But I did want to drop by and participate! Seriously, I will try to get out tomorrow and see if I can capture an image I've been thinking of.
</big></big>

Roman Kurywczak
01-22-2011, 10:24 PM
Hey D,
Glad to see you sopped by and at leat tried to participate:wh......not letting you off the hook that easy though:p! I really like the simplicity and BG......the edges of the frond do almost look like snowfalkes! Yo uknow I gnenreally prefer more DOF.......so would be interesting to see one with more DOF for comparison......but overall, very nicely done!

BTW......still not letting you off the hook......plenty of winter suff right now in NJ.....so looking forward to the next real WMC post!:D

denise ippolito
01-22-2011, 11:35 PM
so would be interesting to see one with more DOF for comparison.....

Probably not going to happen since I wouldn't have shot one of those:eek:
I will try to capture something fitting BUT it will most likely be something on the
softer side:t3

Anita Bower
01-23-2011, 05:59 AM
Very nice. I love simple images like this. The soft colors of the BG nicely complement the softness of the plant. Just the right amount of bend. Hope to see one of your snowy/icy images!

subhrashis
01-23-2011, 09:45 AM
Very dreamy, very beautiful!

One very interesting thing I find about this image is that you are kept guessing as to the scale- you can imagine this as a painting/IR photo of a tree as well!

Dave Leroy
01-23-2011, 12:43 PM
I really like the nice soft bg complementing the plant.

I like the lens combo. Whenever i have tried similar sort of shots I always end up with chunky bg's using a 70/200mm.

Looks great.

Steve Maxson
01-23-2011, 12:44 PM
Hi Denise. Nice to have you dropping by. I agree that the soft dreamy look is very attractive here. I'm wondering if you did any special processing to get what almost looks like a whitish halo behind the plant? - it does make for a nice effect. :S3:

denise ippolito
01-23-2011, 04:04 PM
Thanks folks, I appreciate the kind comments and I have to stop by more often! I HAVE been meaning to. Steve, No special processing -in fact I didn't do any processing except a slight curve adjustment. This is full frame.

Andrew McLachlan
01-23-2011, 07:03 PM
Hi Denise, love the background colors and the shallow depth of field. I think it is very effective here. Nicely done!

Ken Childs
01-24-2011, 07:45 AM
Hey Denise, this may not fit the WMC but I'm glad you posted it.....it's a lovely shot! The BG, the gentle curve of the plant and the soft glow created by the shallow DOF all look great! :S3:

Allen Sparks
01-26-2011, 11:26 PM
well, I thought it was frosty when I first saw the thumbnail. I still love the image though. Love the soft, wispy look. Nicely done.

Julie Kenward
01-27-2011, 07:49 PM
I like it as is, Denise. It does have a soft, snowy feel to it but, like Roman said, get outside and get the real thing - especially considering you just got dumped on last night!

kostas nianiopoulos
01-28-2011, 03:47 AM
i like it as it too , the bg is good as well it has something dremmy