PDA

View Full Version : Cimmerian Sunset

Judy Howle
01-21-2011, 12:05 AM
Just Fractalius on a duplicate layer with slightly lowered opacity.

Indranil Sircar
01-21-2011, 01:15 AM
Nice effect, Judy. Those approaching clouds look ominous! Interesting fract effect with those dark line. I like the overall effect of balancing the darkness one one end and sky peeking through the clouds. Nicely done.

Richard Lovison
01-21-2011, 07:33 AM
Judy,

Love the drama in this one as well as the composition. If it were mine, I might bring up the shadows just a bit in the clouds to the left. Love how the light peaks through to just light up that small patch of water.

Richard

denise ippolito
01-21-2011, 09:33 AM
Judy-Smoke on the Water! I love this one. The color peeking out is wonderful. Richard makes a good suggestion regarding the shadows. Lovely!:S3:

Andrew McLachlan
01-21-2011, 05:16 PM
Hi Judy, love the fract effect on this one, very cool. I like Denise'e "Smoke on the Water" description. The only thing I would change is to clone out the one reddish bright spot in the lower left region. very nicely done!

Judy Howle
01-21-2011, 11:34 PM
Thanks everyone! I reworked it and lightened the right side, removed the orange spot (don't know how I missed that!) and punched up the color a bit.

Brendan Dozier
01-21-2011, 11:51 PM
Judy, that is awesome! I am a fan of this and your flames in the sky one you did. Smoke on the water is good for this one and I thought of Bad Company's "Burnin Sky" song for your other one.:bg3: This is a really nice comp, and repost does look even better. Just the right touch with the fractilius!

Judy Howle
01-22-2011, 11:26 AM
Thanks Brendan! That would have been the perfect name.

Bob Pelkey
01-22-2011, 12:46 PM
Interesting image. I think a heavy crop from the top creating a pano, with the horizon say in the bottom third, will give much greater emphasis and power to the beautiful light in the distance.