PDA

View Full Version : Dried Leaf

Dave Leroy
01-20-2011, 05:37 PM
This is my winter scene. Raining too hard outside so brought in a dried leaf.
7D, 100mm and extension tubes, 1.6sec, f11. Photo is cropped. I darkened the green a bit and also considered a symmetrical crop.

Dave

Roman Kurywczak
01-21-2011, 12:11 PM
Hey Dave,
I really like the colors in this and think the comp is pretty interesting too. I have debated the light.....while the rim light is really cool I am left to ponder the light in the FG.....but the more I look.....the more the darkness doesn't bother me. A pretty unusual look that I think turned out effectively!

Julie Kenward
01-22-2011, 08:35 AM
Dave, this is so cool! I couldn't wait to open the thumbnail and see what this was. Beautiful golden orange lighting - it's a great compliment to the green of the leaf. You got good clarity in detail from edge to edge and the geometric shapes of this really create a strong graphic image.

Might run a little more NR on the top area of the BG - it doesn't seem quite as crystal clear as the rest of the image.

Ken Childs
01-22-2011, 09:09 AM
Hey Dave, I really like the light on this! What light was used and what is the BG?

You might consider cloning out the white spots on the leaf's border and maybe a few of the spots on the main part of the leaf.

Steve Maxson
01-22-2011, 12:23 PM
Hi Dave. This is nicely done! Interesting colors, good overall sharpness, nice comp, and a good background. I would agree with the suggestions to try some NR on the background and to clone some of the little white spots. :S3:

Dave Leroy
01-22-2011, 02:26 PM
Thanks everyone for the comments and suggestions. I'll follow up on them.

Ken it is just a desk lamp, 60 watt incandescent bulb, and the bg is top of my desk. I like what I see with yours and Anita's bg's.

I am really just trying to get familiar with dof, sharpness sort of thing. Trying to get in shape for some decent insect shots this summer.

The comments are very helpful and a great way to learn.

Dave

denise ippolito
01-22-2011, 08:46 PM
Dave, I love the light and the comp. It has a real abstract look that I like, nice details too!

Galliani Carlo
01-27-2011, 07:42 AM
Great light and lovely comp. Beatiful idea
One suggestion : cloning out the white spot on lower parts of the leaf

Chris Korman
02-27-2011, 07:33 PM
Nice image. You should also experiment with warm and cool light sources.