PDA

View Full Version : Gliding By

jeannette Duncan
01-03-2008, 11:10 PM
OK
Here goes my second try. :cool:

Hello,

My name is jeannette. This is the first time that I have ever posted a photo for critique. I hope that I have done it correctly. I am very new to the field of photography and I have a lot to learn. I welcome and appreciate any help that you can offer me. I am using a Kodak EasyShare P712. My camera, for this photo, was set to automatic, which I beleive is f 5.6 1/800. We were on the Harley so I did not have my tripod along and I handheld the camera to take this photo. We were in Keno, Oregon near the Sportsman's Park, in early May last spring.

Your web site is great, I enjoy the many beautiful photos and the knowledgable critiques.

Thank You Again!

Alfred Forns
01-04-2008, 06:39 AM
Hi Jeannette, Ask all you want and will be glad to help !!!!

You did very well with the equipment at hand Excellent position for the bird Also got the bird with the water bg which is good since it shows well Your biggest help would be having a longer focal Length to make the bird large in frame

If the birds are going to be small in frame there is a solution Try placing them near one of the corners It usually works In this case crop from the top and slightly left (will repost and show)

The rock in the picture is dark and competes with the bird for attention

George DeCamp
01-04-2008, 06:47 AM
Hi jeannette...you again eh? Remember 1 image per 24hrs....thanks( *wink*)

Not too shabby for shooting from a Harley...so where's the Harley? Lets see that next time...remember 24hrs *lol*

Some problems here of a difficult shot. These birds are fast and tough to get in the frame even with a DSLR so you are one up on more than one person in here. However the bird is too small in the frame and the downward angle doesn't.t help you here. You would need a pretty severe crop to take this to the next level up and would probably loose too much detail. However give it a try if you can for practice and see if you can come up with a more pleasing look to your image.

I think you will do well.

Alfred Forns
01-04-2008, 07:17 AM
Sorry George Should have mentioned the 24 hr rule .... its early !!!!

Jeannette forgot to ask what king of HD ? Until recently I had a Road King and a ZX-12R !!!!!! Did take my tripod on the Ninja strapped to the seat and the camera in a backpack When I go to the track to photograph there were pieces missing !!!!! Bikes do cause problems with vibrations Imagine strapping camera gear to a Sporster !!!!

George DeCamp
01-04-2008, 12:37 PM
Hey Al...*lol* just moderating! :p

I want to see the Harley also!

I like Al's crop and that is exactly what you should do to try out new things with your image.

Can't stay just a quick peek!