Flash Fired
Speed: 1/320
App: F/4.0
Iso 400
Exp comp -2/3
Metering : Pattern

Todd Frost
03-19-2008, 10:31 AM
Lovely image Keith. Good exposure and sharpness. Is this full frame? If you have it in the original a little more room bottom and left would be nice.
Todd

Robert O'Toole
03-19-2008, 08:06 PM
Like curled up pose and the alert ears.

The biggest problem I see is one of sharpness. Unfortunately the grass to the right is sharper than the subject. Fortunately this is easy to fix with a quick mask or layer mask and USM. I would sharpen the eyes and face and maybe even de-focus the grass slightly. This will make the important details stand out more.

Robert

Sabyasachi Patra
03-21-2008, 12:48 AM
Hi Keith,
I want to know which focussing mode did you use. Manual or AF and if AF then how many points etc. Most of the times we don't mention about focussing. I think that will help us learn and comment. In this shot, the grass on the right appears more sharp, as rightly pointed out by Robert. Due to the curled up pose of the pup, if the focus plane is the grass, then definitely the eye portion is going to be less sharp, considering the apperture used was f4.
I love the overall image.

Keith Rawlins
03-25-2008, 04:34 AM
Apperture priority was used, and the reason for the F4, was the fading light. Only the centre af point was used.