PDA

View Full Version : Rosseau River

Andrew McLachlan
01-18-2011, 08:16 PM
Shot upstream from Lower Rosseau Falls same day as previous post. Positioned camera as close to and as low to the river as possible.

Nikon D200
12-24mm lens @ 18mm (24mm effective)
ISO 100
f22 @ 1.3 sec.

Look forward to comments.

dankearl
01-18-2011, 08:22 PM
I like it but like the other one you posted, I prefer the water at a bit faster exposure.
Blurred but not as much as these. It is just a preference though, as I prefer a bit more detail and contrast.
The foliage is really nice, beautiful country.

Dave Mills
01-19-2011, 05:30 PM
Hi Andrew, I like the way you handled the comp with the water coming right at the viewer. Colorful woods but I might back off a bit on the saturation.
The following is subjective. I like water that shows movement but also has some grain or detail. I find that in many cases shooting at 1/4 sec will give me that look. Many folks will like the look of the water above but I have a tendancy to not want it quite so soft....

Kaushik Balakumar
01-21-2011, 03:11 AM
Nice and simple composition. I too liked the previous post better.

Roman Kurywczak
01-21-2011, 11:19 AM
Hey Andrew,
I don't mind the soft look of the water here......for me, there is enough detail in it to work. I like bolder.....but do agree the saturation may have been pushed a bit and it is a very personal observation....so I would keep it! One thing not mentioned.....I think you should go in and clone/patch/or blend the whitish or bright areas....one at the upper edge of frame and a few stray brownish/whitish leaves.....just before printing!

Robert Amoruso
01-21-2011, 12:35 PM
The shutter speed affect is subjective with regards to how much or little, people have different tastes. Thing to do is make a series of images at different speeds so you have a selection to chose from latervad.d

Andrew McLachlan
01-23-2011, 07:05 PM
Hi folks, thanks for the comments, very much appreciated.