PDA

View Full Version : WMC- Sedum & Snow

Anita Bower
01-18-2011, 06:14 PM
OK. You got me out to take photos in the snow. :icon10:

Taken this afternoon in my garden, overcast.
Nikon D300, Tamron 18-200 at 78mm, f16, 1/200, ISO 800, hand-held (!).
PP in PS7 and Elements 7: levels, saturation, contrast, color balance, selective color, High Pass sharpening, circular gradient. Topaz Adjust "Crisp" to bring out details.

Steve Maxson
01-19-2011, 01:52 PM
Hi Anita. Good to see that you got out and you found an interesting subject too! I like the comp with the curving stems leaning to the left and the flower heads leaning slightly back to the right. The snow/ice on the flower heads adds interest to the image as well. Nice job of revealing the texture in the snow. Well done.

Ken Childs
01-20-2011, 08:18 AM
Hey Anita, great to see that you took up the challenge and went out into the cold to take this! :cheers:

As Steve said, you did a good job with the PP work.....the texture of the snow really comes through nicely. I think I'd like to see just a touch more room on the top....it feels a little tight up there. It looks great as is but I'd be curious to see what a slight CCW rotation would do, just enough to get the lower flower head more level. That might create a better diagonal flow. Overall this is very well done! :S3:

Julie Kenward
01-20-2011, 10:22 AM
I also like the dynamic swerve of the stems and the ice on the flower heads. I'm not sure about the snow on the ground though...I think I'd prefer it with a little less definition - maybe half of what's here.

Good for you for getting out, though! We got bombarded last night so I called in at work and went shooting around the neighborhood.

Dave Leroy
01-20-2011, 05:23 PM
Very nicely done Anita. You have captured the winter season.

Photo has a nice soft feel and flow to it.

Dave

Roman Kurywczak
01-21-2011, 12:06 PM
Hey Anita,
Great to see you made it out and leave it to you to find an interesting subject to boot!!! Can't add much to the comments above....I may have preferred just the one for the simplicity factor.......but overall very nicely done and way to take up the challenge.