PDA

View Full Version : The last rays

Kaushik Balakumar
01-18-2011, 03:15 PM
Continuing with my previous post on late autumn, this is another image where the light is just skimming through the top layers of the larch trees.
The sun was moving down behind the mountain and the last rays did the 'touch-and-go' on these larches.
On calibrated monitors, the portions of trees in shade must also be seen (of-course there are some completely detail-less regions as well).

Views most welcome.

Dave Mills
01-19-2011, 05:35 PM
Hi Kaushik, Nice pattern where I can see detail in many areas. This type of image works well in B&W.
If this were mine I would clone out all the bright tops that were clipped on the edges and I might also darken the upper left corner...

Roman Kurywczak
01-21-2011, 11:14 AM
Hey Kaushik,
I'm with Dave on the edge clean up.....it will go a long way to help strengthen this image. I did like the other one so much because of its simplicity.....this one has a bit of a busy feel for me and the edge clean up will go a long way in eliminating that. I do like the thoought process here and all of us should look at this opportunity when it presents itself. Small tweaks will really take this one up a notch.

Robert Amoruso
01-21-2011, 12:41 PM
I think Roman hits it when he says it is a bit busy. However if presented in a large print I think will look really good!

Richard Lovison
01-21-2011, 02:05 PM
I like the pattern presented in your previous post better though like Robert, I feel this one would look good as a large print. I also agree with Dave about the cloning. Nicely done.

Richard