PDA

View Full Version : A Fathers Son

Roman Kurywczak
01-17-2011, 09:14 PM
Dang.......I am gety a bit sappy as I get older! I have no idea where this is coming from.......yeah, I went to art school......but the written word has never been my strong suit. Some will say that the spoken word hasn't been a strength either:wh.......As my other life as a union carpenter in NJ......we have a very different vocabulary!:2eyes2: I have realized quite a while ago, how powerful words are.....both good and bad. This big, bad, sap from NJ.....really is his fathers son.....wanted to share this with you and him. From my parents 50th last year.

A Fathers’ Son

I looked at you, with awe filled eyes
<O:pMy superhero, a nightmares demise

Protector from villains, youths' innocence
<O:pTeenage tormentor, lifes quirky penance

<O:pAnger and rage, replaced not too soon
<O:pBoth wisdom and vision, I claim as my own

<O:pReflection and years, make me reflect
<O:pChoices I’ve made, make me cringe and deflect

Time magnifies, paths that I’ve chose
Vividly clarifies, decisions you’ve sewn

<O:pAll too often, the glory eludes
<O:pI am proud to call myself, my father’s son<O:p

denise ippolito
01-17-2011, 09:26 PM
What a lovely tribute to your father. He must be so proud to call you his son. Very nice image to go with it! I don't find it sappy at all, I think it is a peek into your soul.

Susan Candelario
01-17-2011, 09:50 PM
Ahhh... this must of really touched his heart deeply. This is so beautiful. What lovely parents you have.

Nick Palmieri
01-18-2011, 04:31 PM
Great looking parents but your still a SAP!

Dave Mills
01-18-2011, 11:26 PM
Hi Roman, agree with above comments:) There goes that side of you that few get to see...nice seeing your folks and after reading your thoughts I'm sure it would bring them joy...

peter delaney
01-25-2011, 01:38 PM
Its not always easy for a son to tell his Father that he loves him! especially in a verse as lovely as this... so well done Roman... you have inspired me to do the same when I visit my Dad back home in August.

Julie Kenward
01-26-2011, 12:00 PM
Beautiful work, Roman. We have always known there was a soft side to you...you can't drink that much beer and not get sappy now and then!

One word about the poem...I'd change "paths that I've chose" to "paths that I've chosen" - it will rhyme with sewn even more and keep the cadence of the stanza going.

Roman Kurywczak
01-26-2011, 03:25 PM
Thanks Jules and everyone.....will do!

Roman Kurywczak
01-26-2011, 09:40 PM
Its not always easy for a son to tell his Father that he loves him! especially in a verse as lovely as this... so well done Roman... you have inspired me to do the same when I visit my Dad back home in August.
You have no idea Peter how much your words thrill me.....as you have figured out...how difficult this was for me......and how ashamed I am to admit that! You will not regret your decision and looking forward to hearing the outcome!

Kerry Perkins
02-03-2011, 04:21 PM
Wonderful image Roman! They are so full of life and must be very proud of you.

P.S. - it is one of the great revelations of modern times that men have feelings too... :c3: Good for you for expressing them publicly and sharing with us.

Hazel Grant
02-19-2011, 11:13 PM
Thanks for sharing such beautiful people with us.