Carel v/d Sanden
01-16-2011, 03:49 PM
This is my first upload on this forum

Canon 7D, 350mm, f/5.6, 1/320, ISO 1250

http://www4.picturepush.com/photo/a/4880262/img/4880262.jpg

Daniel Cadieux
01-16-2011, 06:46 PM
Hi Carel, welcome to BPN!!

Lots to like here, well exposed, and lots of nice details. Good pose, and a great background! Perch is OK and I like the moss covering it...I'm just not fond of the extra twigs touching the bottom edge. Cropping just a bit tighter takes care of that, and also places the subject in a better spot in the frame (IMO) - hope you like it (there is still a small bit to clone out in my version).

Very well done, and looking forward to more from you!

Is Matkop a local name for this species? I never heard that term before...

P.S. Don't forget to include the techs - this can be useful for critiquing and as a learning tool for others passing by:)

Carel v/d Sanden
01-17-2011, 03:29 AM
Hello
The Dutch name of this bird is matkop.
Sorry for this misunderstanding, the English name is Willow Tit, Parus montanus.
I try to answer as best as possible, my English is not the best.

Carel

Daniel Cadieux
01-17-2011, 06:50 PM
Perfectly understood, your english is good enough:) Interesting to know alternate names of birds!

Randy Stout
01-17-2011, 06:56 PM
Carel:

A big welcome to BPN, a great place to learn and grow as a bird photographer.

My first thought when I saw the image was, wow, Black Capped Chickadees in the Netherlands!

Daniel hit all the important points, and the repost strengthens the image further.

Look forward to more images.

Cheers

Randy

denise ippolito
01-17-2011, 10:13 PM
Beautiful pose and exposure. The background really compliments the bird. Daniel's repost works for me. I like the fine feather details that you captured. Welcome to BPN and I look forward to more of your images.

Doug Brown
01-17-2011, 10:44 PM
Welcome to BPN Carel! It sure does look like our Black-Capped Chickadee! You've done a great job with pose, perch, BG, exposure, and sharpness. I prefer Daniel's crop, and I might make the blacks just a little darker.

Robert Amoruso
01-18-2011, 06:32 AM
Careless,

Welcome to BPN. I liKe what was done ithe repost. Your original image was very strong with a clean background, nice head position for the bird and attractive perch. It is the additional small tweaks like the Daniel showed that will help to enhance your photographer.

Looking forward to future posts.

Carel v/d Sanden
01-18-2011, 06:52 AM
Thanks for your comments.
English is very difficult for me, but I do it via google translation.
it works fantastic.
Also, I have to translate the rules of this forum.
I do not know them all.
gr Carel