PDA

View Full Version : From My Storage (Maybe a Fly)

kostas nianiopoulos
01-16-2011, 10:01 AM
http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/2463/maybeafly.jpg

canon 50d
f16
1/60
iso 400
EF USM IS 100MM MACRO .
Thanks for watching .

Steve Maxson
01-16-2011, 01:27 PM
Hi Kostas. Yes, a Flower Fly (family Syrphidae). There are hundreds of species and most are mimics of bees and wasps. You have a nice pose and good sharpness on the fly and foreground leaf. The image would be even stronger if you worked on the background to tone down the bright leaf edge in the upper left and also to blend in the three dark areas as these are drawing my eye from your subject. :)

Ken Childs
01-17-2011, 08:07 AM
Hey Kostas, the fly looks good all-around! Parts of the BG look unnaturally green.....even if it really was that color, you might consider lightening up the greens just a bit. As Steve mentioned, there are some distractions in the BG so anything you can do to even that out will go a long way in improving this image. :)

kostas nianiopoulos
01-18-2011, 06:03 AM
Yes this was the real BG and the plant is Geranium , it's in my home , and it is the most green plant i have .

Thank u all for the feedback :)

Roman Kurywczak
01-18-2011, 02:10 PM
Hey Kostas,
Besides the suggestions above.....I wonder if a bit more sharpening is in order as at f16.....I think it could be a bit sharper on the fly.

Jerry van Dijk
01-18-2011, 04:43 PM
Hi Kostas, a very nice hoverfly. The BG is a bit busy, as already mentioned. Often, a somewhat lower angle solves the problem, and would also have given you a better angle on the fly here.