PDA

View Full Version : Fog at the Bog III.

Daniel Cadieux
01-15-2011, 03:24 PM
A last image from that nice foggy day at a local bog. This time crossing a frozen channel (not directly on the ice, but on a boardwalk) in a marshy area of the bog. I like how the tree line disappears into the fog as it gets farther away at left. Full-frame horizontally, with some canvas cropped both top and bottom.

Canon 40D + Tamrom 28-75 f/2.8 lens @28mm, manual exposure, evaluative metering, 1/125s., f/9, ISO 800, handheld.

Andrew McLachlan
01-15-2011, 04:05 PM
Hi Daniel, my favorite from the series. Love the tones and cattail reflections in icy water. I like the you can just make out the trees as they disappear into the fog. Well done!

Richard Lovison
01-15-2011, 05:06 PM
Daniel,

I like the composition and mood of this one. The reflections on the ice as well as the subtle detail on the ice surface in the lower left hand corner is very nice. Beautiful capture.

Richard

Kaushik Balakumar
01-16-2011, 12:11 PM
Hi Daniel,
Beautiful pano - simple & neatly composed. Loved the fog.
Nice subtle tonality.

Robert Amoruso
01-16-2011, 12:51 PM
This is really nice Daniel. I agree that it would be my favorite too. Simple and effect. What makes it work, as you know, is the diminishing clarity of the trees into the BG. That imparts depth in the image. Additionally, the water to grass and the grass to treeline are strong diagonal lines in the image guiding the eye from the FG to the BG.

Well done.

Dave Mills
01-16-2011, 07:17 PM
Hi Daniel, good suggestions above. The image sets a nice mood with the pano crop working very well.
Agree that the fading tree is the backround imparts depth and adds alot to the image. A very somber scene...

Tim Munsey
01-17-2011, 10:29 AM
I'm a great fan of pano crops, and also like the depth and mood of the image created by the fog.

Tim

Roman Kurywczak
01-18-2011, 02:19 PM
Hey Daniel,
I can't wait for cloning:wh! I need an assistant!!! As mentioned above......very nice depth and I love the way this fades off into the fog. IMO the pano crop adds a ton too! Very well done!!!

George Cottay
01-19-2011, 01:28 PM
I've nothing useful to add except one more voice of appreciation.