Canon EOS REBEL T1i
Canon 100mm f/2.8 Macro
Av mode
1/200"
F32
ISO:800
HH
LR and CS3

With temps finally getting above freezing, the snow from last Monday is melting fast. This was shot yesterday and it's completely clear now in that spot.

I cloned out any specks that were debris but left any that were ice. Due to the problem with f32 and DLA, I used high pass sharpening on the entire image and then a round of smart sharpening on the leaf.

Roman Kurywczak
01-15-2011, 12:52 PM
Hey Ken,
Great placement of the leaf in the frame......maybe a touch over sharpened?....but it does add a nice texture to the snow......so I'm kinda liking it! As my favorite tool is the crop tool:wh (love this new one).......I might take an inch off the top......so the darker grey/white......starts from the corner. Very nice first one to get us inspired......now I have to get out there!

Brendan Dozier
01-15-2011, 10:54 PM
Like the simplicity of comp and great job on bringing out the snow texture. Just cropped it in my browser from the top, and I think Roman is right.

Anita Bower
01-16-2011, 05:43 AM
Good for you for getting out there in the cold to shoot. Nice composition and snow. Wish the leaf were more interesting.

Julie Kenward
01-16-2011, 12:21 PM
Agree on the crop and yes a more interesting leaf would be nice as well. It reminds me of a shark fin sticking out of the foamy sea... :D

Steve Maxson
01-16-2011, 01:10 PM
Hi Ken. Nice placement of the "shark fin" in the frame. I like Roman's idea to take a little off the top. I would also suggest cloning more of the little black specs from the snow - even if they aren't dirt particles, they look like they are and I think the image would have more of a fresh snow look without them. :)
I hope to start seeing more WMC images from other folks!