PDA

View Full Version : Purple Swamp Hen - With chick.

Tom Rambaut
01-15-2011, 01:22 AM
There is something about the colors that bug me. This was taken some time ago but I just can not geet happy with the color. Any suggestions would be great. Those feet!!!

Specs - 7d, 500mm + 1.4 ext, 1/160 @ 7.1, 400 Iso. EV 0.

Daniel Cadieux
01-15-2011, 08:30 AM
Wow, check out those huge feet!! The little chick adds an element of cuteness too. I'm sure you would have preferred an area away from the wood planks. I would also tone down the palest of the two legs. Not knowing what this guy's plumage colours need to look like I am not sure what you are looking for...is it the blues you are not happy with, or the overall colouring of the image?

Pieter de Waal
01-15-2011, 03:10 PM
Nice image of mother and chick Tom. Not sure of the colour of the bird in Aus so cant help you there but good sharpness on both birds and like the comp with the reeds. Pity about the boards.

Tom Rambaut
01-16-2011, 02:26 AM
Yea the boards - could not be helped, these guys were either on them or infront of them. The hens were nesting all along these planks that were out in the middle of a new artifical lake that I visited.

See what you mean by the leg, Daniel. These guys are pretty much this color, I just do not know what it is about this image - I'm sure these things happen in Photography.Yea, the feet are just crazy.

Thanks Tom

Tom Rambaut
01-16-2011, 02:28 AM
I think the image is just too busy - that may be it!

Ákos Lumnitzer
01-19-2011, 11:02 PM
I think the colors of the birds look fine, maybe a little bit less intense green? They are a little strong if you asked me. Out of curiosity where in Sydney is this pond? :S3:

Tom Rambaut
01-24-2011, 06:18 AM
Warriewood wetlands - northern beaches