PDA

View Full Version : Light up the Sky

Christopher Miller
01-13-2011, 07:31 PM
I used the Aquarell preset of DAP on this image. I then layered the original over it at 29% opacity. This is the first image I've tried with Aquarell that I really liked the result of. I did two different versions, one with a border and one without. Which do you prefer?

Christopher Miller
01-13-2011, 07:32 PM
Here's the version without a border. Any comments and suggestions would be most appreciated.

Michael Gerald-Yamasaki
01-13-2011, 07:39 PM
Christopher,

Greetings. I like the first one (natural border)... seems to fit the subject. The leftmost beam, which strikes me as a little too sharp is also trucated and softened in the first image. I think that works better.

Cheers,

-Michael-

denise ippolito
01-13-2011, 08:30 PM
Christopher, They are both nice but the first one adds a bit to the cloud feel IMO. I really like the way you framed this and the image has a very inspirational look to it. Nicely done.

Cheryl Slechta
01-13-2011, 08:52 PM
Christopher, I like the first one. It has a softer look to it that I like and I like the edges better. They look more cloud-like.

Andrew McLachlan
01-13-2011, 10:08 PM
Christopher, my vote goes to the first one. The border seems to fit perfectly with the clouds in the image. Nice work!

Gus Hallgren
01-14-2011, 12:24 AM
Christopher;

Magnificent presentation with colors subtle and delightful. IMHO, no contest with OP #1 being the most relaxing and beautiful

Well done, as usual.

Gus

Kerry Perkins
01-14-2011, 12:32 AM
Christopher, I'm going to swim upstream (as always!) and say I like the dark border of the second image better. I always turn off the "natural watercolor style borders" in DAP because the resulting images seem to "come out of nowhere". I know by the fact that you posted two versions that you must agree with me just a little bit... :) (Goofy new emoticons) Either way, this is a very nice image and I like it a lot. Very inspiring as noted!

Christopher Miller
01-14-2011, 08:43 AM
Thanks a lot, everyone! I was leaning towards the first one myself but wasn't entirely sure, so I appreciate all the feedback. And, Kerry, I do still like the second one too. It has a different feel about it that does appeal to me a little bit. :)

Judy Howle
01-14-2011, 05:09 PM
So I'll jump in and say that I like both but the first one is more appealing with the more softness than the first one. They are both beautiful!

Christopher Miller
01-14-2011, 05:21 PM
Thanks Judy!

Julie Kenward
01-14-2011, 07:25 PM
Defnitely the first one...what a beautiful "feel" to it. We call these "God beams" and they always make me smile when I see them in the sky.

Christopher Miller
01-14-2011, 08:21 PM
"God beams"...That describes them perfectly, Jules! :) Thanks for commenting!