PDA

View Full Version : Red-Breasted Nuthatch Two Step

Stephen Stephen
01-12-2011, 10:13 PM
I created this image in November. The hoped for white-tail deer were not around but some Black-capped chickadees and Red-breasted Nuthatches were.

Some well placed black sunflower seeds kept both species coming back to this perch and I managed to capture some nice interactions. This image was cropped from landscape format and I particularly like the raised foot of the nuthatch. I just wish that the chickadee's eye had been fully visible.

Do you feel that it`s too tight in the frame with this crop? I have more space on right and left but nothing top and bottom without adding canvas.

Canon EOS 40D, Sigma 50-500mm at 161 mm.
1/1600 seconds, F6.30, ISOSpeedRatings - 500

Robert Amoruso
01-12-2011, 10:28 PM
Good idea on the attractants.

I think you need it looser on the left and right. Agree with you Stephen that a visible head on the bottom one would have been ideal.

Still a nice capture of the action.

Raymond Barlow
01-12-2011, 10:34 PM
very cool shot Stephen, lots of nice light and detail, action well capture., the crop looks
very good to me.

Todd Frost
01-13-2011, 12:49 AM
Well done Stephan. Agree with you on the chickadee but what can you do. Even without his cooperation it is a great image. I'm with Raymond here and like the crop as is. Good sharpness.
TFS
Todd

Duane Noblick
01-13-2011, 06:42 AM
Composition looks fine to me and I love the action you captured. I do agree about the head angle of the Chickadee but what are you going to do?

Jim Crosswell
01-13-2011, 07:07 PM
I like the action in this one. I would be happy to have this one in my files. Well done Stephen!

Stephen Stephen
01-14-2011, 11:20 PM
Good idea on the attractants.

I think you need it looser on the left and right. Agree with you Stephen that a visible head on the bottom one would have been ideal.

Still a nice capture of the action.

Thank you Robert.

very cool shot Stephen, lots of nice light and detail, action well capture., the crop looks
very good to me.

Ray I always appreciate your comments.

Well done Stephan. Agree with you on the chickadee but what can you do. Even without his cooperation it is a great image. I'm with Raymond here and like the crop as is. Good sharpness.
TFS
Todd

Tood that's for the kind words.

Composition looks fine to me and I love the action you captured. I do agree about the head angle of the Chickadee but what are you going to do?

Thanks Duane.

I like the action in this one. I would be happy to have this one in my files. Well done Stephen!

Thanks Jim I'm pleased with it as well.