PDA

View Full Version : Snow fight

Ben_Sadd
01-12-2011, 06:36 PM
I mentioned in an earlier post about the territoriality of the european robins and promised to post a image of one getting to grips with a greenfinch. There are a few things that I would have improved, but I wasn't really set up for action at this time.

Standard PP, plus added a little canvas above and removed some sticks and rubbish.

7D
500mm + 1.4
Av +2.33
ss 1/125
f/7.1
ISO 800

John Chardine
01-13-2011, 01:39 PM
I like this blur and the splashes of colour Ben. Nice layout too. The only thing I might try is to lighten up the large smudge at the upper right (caused by the wing blur I think). Well done and well timed.

Ben_Sadd
01-13-2011, 01:52 PM
Thanks John. I was pleased with the dynamism here.

How much of the wing blur smudge would you lighten? Just the kind of separate smudge in the very top right corner? It perhaps also got emphasised when I added a little canvas.

Julie Kenward
01-13-2011, 07:26 PM
This would be a bit hit in the OOTB forum...I'm going to copy it down there! The slight blur of the action is really nice. I think if you had managed to get the face of the one bird totally in focus it would have been even stronger. Still - those splashes of yellow and orange are beautiful!

Ben_Sadd
01-13-2011, 07:37 PM
Thanks Jules. Yes, I would have liked to have had the robins face in focus but the moment passed very quickly. The next frame has the greenfinch spread on the floor with the robin on top!

Mikko Viljamaa
01-13-2011, 09:15 PM
I can't necessary explain why I just like this photo :wh. Maybe it is the yellow and orange colors on white BG...

Mikko

John Chardine
01-13-2011, 09:25 PM
Thanks John. I was pleased with the dynamism here.

How much of the wing blur smudge would you lighten? Just the kind of separate smudge in the very top right corner? It perhaps also got emphasised when I added a little canvas.

I was thinking this much Ben.

Ben_Sadd
01-14-2011, 08:24 AM
Thanks John, that was about what I imagined you meant.

Did you tweak something else here?

John Chardine
01-14-2011, 11:34 AM
Nothing else touched Ben.