PDA

View Full Version : Snowy Treescape

Judy Howle
01-12-2011, 01:22 PM
I'm posting this one because it's so rare that we get a ground-covering snow here and I always wanted to get this shot if the opportunity arose. I used Topaz Adjust first, duped the layer and used Fotosketcher at 2 different settings, created a merged layer and then I applied Pixel Bender Oil Paint and reduced the opacity a bit. I also used Ps texturizer as some of the effect from Fs disappeared.

Keith Carver
01-12-2011, 01:43 PM
I like this very much, Judy, and also the others in this series on your zenfolio website. All the filter effects are well done and I especially like the BG lighting behind the tree. Somehow the centered tree in this image works well. Lovely BG texture and colors.

Richard Lovison
01-12-2011, 03:08 PM
Judy,

This is a beautifully done winter scene. I love how all the usual sharp lines of the branches on a bare tree have been rendered as smooth, soft curves. The winter sky is beautifully rendered as well.

Richard

Judy Howle
01-12-2011, 03:27 PM
Thanks Keith and Richard!

Andrew McLachlan
01-12-2011, 04:23 PM
Hi Judy, this is cool! I am going to have to give this a try with some of my winter tree images. Thanks for the inspiration:)

Judy Howle
01-12-2011, 04:27 PM
Thanks Andrew! Let us see your results.

denise ippolito
01-12-2011, 06:01 PM
Judy, This is my favorite post of yours to date! I LOVE IT!!:) The tree looks like it has a fractalius effect applied. The BG texture reminds me of ice crystals. The center comp. is perfect with the tree bending slightly inward-lovely!!

Cheryl Slechta
01-12-2011, 07:28 PM
Judy, what a great combination of filters. It does look like fract work and like Denise said, the bg looks like crystals. Very lovely:)

Judy Howle
01-12-2011, 07:29 PM
Judy, This is my favorite post of yours to date! I LOVE IT!!:) The tree looks like it has a fractalius effect applied. The BG texture reminds me of ice crystals. The center comp. is perfect with the tree bending slightly inward-lovely!!

Thanks so much Denise! No fract effect but the underlying Fotosketcher layers sort of added that I guess but I wanted it to be a little less detailed so I tried PB and liked it, scaled back a bit.

Nancy Bell
01-12-2011, 07:38 PM
Wow...this is outstanding! I agree with everyone above and would like to add that I like the slight curve to the snow horizon. It adds to the graceful curves of the image.

Judy Howle
01-12-2011, 09:32 PM
Thanks Cheryl and Nancy! Yes, I think the slight curve of the hill adds a lot to the image.

CliveTonge
01-13-2011, 08:10 AM
Hi Judy,
Beautiful effects. I could see a large print of this at the end of a hallway. From the other end of the hallway it would look like a photograph of a tree in a field on a snowy day. Then as you walk toward it it would change into the image we see now.
Well done,
Take care,
Clive

Brendan Dozier
01-13-2011, 12:41 PM
Real nice! Great winter feel, and excellent use of the different effects, with just the right touch.

Indranil Sircar
01-13-2011, 03:13 PM
Excellent effect, Judy. Great feel and love your use of filters.

Christopher Miller
01-13-2011, 04:01 PM
Judy, I don't have anything to add to what's already been said. Very lovely work! :)

Julie Kenward
01-14-2011, 09:33 PM
Judy, that is beautiful! Great use of Fract and the overall image is super!