PDA

View Full Version : Spring 2010

kostas nianiopoulos
01-12-2011, 10:39 AM
http://img837.imageshack.us/img837/948/spring2010.jpg

I got this image from the spring 2010 , so i can't remember what i did to those to tell u .
the only stuff i got is the info of the camera .

olympus e420
f11
1/640
iso 800
zuiko macro lens 35mm

thanks for watching

Roman Kurywczak
01-12-2011, 12:29 PM
Hey Kostas,
Very nice comp......love the tight focus. You did pretty well with the light too.....as it was coming from behind the subject.......so I am guessing that you had some flash to open up the shadow side......but not sure as there is no catchlight in the eye! I think you did pretty well overall......so nice job!

Julie Kenward
01-12-2011, 01:12 PM
Look at all that pollen on his fat little legs! Lovely image, Kostas. The orange of the pollen and the purples in the flower really set each other off nicely. I also like the view of the wings - very detailed and nicely transparent. You did really well here.

Steve Maxson
01-12-2011, 03:13 PM
Hi Kostas. The orange really pops from the blues and purples of the flower! Talk about a pollen magnet! Nice sharpness on the bee plus good DOF. I'm seeing what looks like noise (was this a large crop?), particularly in the portion of the flower behind the bee, that you might try to clean up. :)

kostas nianiopoulos
01-12-2011, 05:51 PM
Hi Steve , not so large if i remember well , maybe like 15-20% but this is the thing with this little dslr camera , it gives a lot of noise , it is a cheap thing for every day use . but the lenses i got they are good ....

Ken Childs
01-13-2011, 09:05 AM
Kostas, the purples of the flower and the orange pollen look fantastic together! The light looks good but I would have liked to see the area under the bee just a tiny bit lighter. I think a very small amount of fill flash might have helped that. Overall this is really well done!