PDA

View Full Version : DAP-ped Flamingo

Nancy Bell
01-11-2011, 07:45 PM
This is DAP watercolor. I then erased the DAP effect to show the original eye. So I could just sit here in front of the computer and watch DAP paint away for much too long a time :). Now that I look at it, maybe this is just too centered.

Comments and critiques very welcome.

Gus Hallgren
01-11-2011, 08:16 PM
Hi Nancy;
Composition is in the eye of the viewer, and IMHO I like everything about your creation. It looks very realistic and I like the complete package.

Well done, Young Lady

Gus :2eyes2:

Christopher Miller
01-11-2011, 09:06 PM
So I could just sit here in front of the computer and watch DAP paint away for much too long a time :).

I totally agree with that, Nancy. :D It's simply mesmerizing.

Very lovely work! I love the colors and border. I might move the flamingo a little more to the right, but just a little. Well done.

Andrew McLachlan
01-11-2011, 09:08 PM
Hi Nancy, really like the effect here, agree with Christopher on moving the bird a smaidge to the right. Great idea to paint the eye back in. Very nice work!

denise ippolito
01-11-2011, 10:20 PM
Nancy, Beautiful DAP work and I agree w/ your self critique regarding the center placement. I really love the colors and the background has a lot of interest.:)

Kerry Perkins
01-12-2011, 12:22 AM
Hi Nancy, you are so right about watching this program work! I like to run it in a background window and just keep an eye on it while I do other things on the computer. It's fascinating.

I really like the look you got and the eye looks like a pen and watercolor technique. I agree with Christopher on moving the bird a bit to the right. Wouldn't take much, as centering isn't quite as critical on vertical images. Good one, I like it!

Indranil Sircar
01-12-2011, 02:37 AM
Beautiful composition, Nancy. Agree with all of the above. Nicely done.

Mark Fuge
01-12-2011, 08:23 AM
Nice image and application, Nancy. Your getting the hang of it! :)

Like it as is, but might have added a BG around the image, by grabbing a brownish color from the image, to set it off a little. A frame would also work after that, but I know that not all agree with frames! :)

Richard Lovison
01-12-2011, 09:06 AM
This is beautiful Nancy. I like the circular, swirl nature of the background lines that seem to have its center at the center of the bird. The colors are wonderful, the centering of the bird in the image doesn't bother me so much and I like the fact that you apparently managed to capture the bird's feet beneath the water. :)

Richard

Nancy Bell
01-12-2011, 07:30 PM
Thank you all :).