PDA

View Full Version : Acadia National Park, Maine

AJ Witt
01-11-2011, 06:54 PM
I reworked this a bit and welcome any comments.

No cropping has been done here.

f/16
1/40
ISO 200

I tried out Robert Amoruso's post processing tip: http://www.birdphotographers.net/forums/showthread.php?20434-Image-Contrast-and-Tonal-Range-Tweaks-Part-1-by-Robert-Amoruso

Robert Amoruso
01-12-2011, 08:00 AM
Late afternoon light looked like it really intensified the colors. I would suggest cropping down on the top to just above the large wispy cloud on the left.

FG rock's lines lead/point right into the image - good composition making that happen AJ.

Dave Mills
01-12-2011, 09:23 AM
Hi AJ,as Robert stated... beautiful light with the foreground rock plateau acting as a leading line. I also agree on the crop suggestion.
Nice view which looks like it was taken from Cadillac(sp?)Mountain. In the fall those wild blueberry bushes get very red...

Roman Kurywczak
01-12-2011, 11:13 AM
Hey AJ,
Light looks grreat and the sky does look better. Here's a few things you may want to try out. In selective color on the trees and MG......go to the yellow channel and take some black out......it pops those trees a bit more. You can do the same to the sky in the blues.......but as I happen to like blues......yhe color there works for me. Just some thoughts but this was very nicely done!

Andrew McLachlan
01-12-2011, 04:37 PM
Hi AJ, agree with the above comments. This is a very nice comp. If it were mine I would clone out the branch from pine tree on the left side of the comp that is poking in by the horizon.