PDA

View Full Version : Northern Mockingbird

Robert Amoruso
01-11-2011, 08:12 AM
Northern Mockingbird - Merritt Island National Wildlife Refuge - 12/23/10

The bird was eating the seeds on this tall bush and was nice enough to pose.

Canon 7D
Canon 600mm f/4 IS L + 1.4x TCII
1/640 sec, f/5.6
Mode: Av
Metering: Evaluative
Exp comp: +1 1/3
ISO: 200

Don Hamilton Jr.
01-11-2011, 08:45 AM
Lovely!! Comp, sharp focus and details, makes this a mag publication!!! Congrats!!!! Well done on all fronts!!!
Don

Charles Scheffold
01-11-2011, 09:48 AM
Love these little guys! Very nice pose, lighting, and exposure. Background and perch are perfect.

Minor nit - the parts of the head behind the eye do not appear as sharp as some of the other parts of the bird. I'm guessing it might be motion blur because the depth of field seems OK. Maybe some selective sharpening in that area?

thanks
Charles

Jonathan Ashton
01-11-2011, 10:53 AM
Beautiful shot I like everything, I suspect you will disagree but I wonder if it would look even better if the brightness was reduced a teeny weeny bit - I suspect this would enhance contrast a little.

Terry Olmsted
01-11-2011, 11:18 AM
Hi Robert,
A beautifully composed image with marvelous detail. Great head angle and pose. My only critique is that the background where it meets the image is very abrupt and rather stark - making the image appear pasted onto the background.
Terry

Robert Amoruso
01-11-2011, 11:47 AM
Hi Robert,
A beautifully composed image with marvelous detail. Great head angle and pose. My only critique is that the background where it meets the image is very abrupt and rather stark - making the image appear pasted onto the background.
Terry

Thank you Terry,

Could be the halo which I don't generally bother to correct unless is it very obvious or I am submitting to a contest.

Robert Amoruso
01-11-2011, 11:49 AM
Beautiful shot I like everything, I suspect you will disagree but I wonder if it would look even better if the brightness was reduced a teeny weeny bit - I suspect this would enhance contrast a little.

Good point Jonathan. I will investigate that and most likely do it for my final version. Thank you.

Daniel Cadieux
01-11-2011, 12:17 PM
I'm liking this one alot Robert. Neat perch, and great pose (note the perfect head angle!).

George Cottay
01-11-2011, 04:20 PM
I enjoy and appreciate images of this quality as a reminder of what "just exactly right" looks like on my monitor.

Robert Amoruso
01-11-2011, 05:10 PM
I'm liking this one alot Robert. Neat perch, and great pose (note the perfect head angle!).

I threatened him/her with arrest by HAP if I did not get the HA I wanted. Thanks for commenting.

Robert Amoruso
01-11-2011, 05:11 PM
I enjoy and appreciate images of this quality as a reminder of what "just exactly right" looks like on my monitor.

Thanks George.

Patricia Nordforss
01-12-2011, 03:30 AM
Really nice picture. Lovely colours, comp and sharpness.

regards

Patricia Nordforss