PDA

View Full Version : NATURE PHOTOGRAPHY in one line ................

RakeshDhareshwar
01-11-2011, 03:55 AM
Camera : Canon 1D Mk III
Lens : Canon 600mm f4 IS
Shutters : 1/800,
Aperture : f4
ISO : 200
Ex comp : +ve 2/3rd stop
Support : Bean Bag.

There was a huge flock of these plovers . Liked the oppurtunity to make this birdscape .

Cheers,
Rakesh

Stu Bowie
01-11-2011, 04:40 AM
I like this lots Rakesh. I like how there is a distribution of focussed plovers, and OOF plovers. Comp wise, cant decide which way to move your line of plovers, as it is a tad central as is. I also like the two tone BG. An opportunity well used.

Vivaldo Damilano
01-11-2011, 05:32 AM
I also like this Rakesh, maybe try more of a pano crop, it may work. Love image :)

Chris Martinez
01-11-2011, 06:05 AM
This is cool. I agree a panoramic crop might be more appealing...... to me at least:p

It's always great to see large groups of shorebirds or any birds for that matter.
Does your beanbag get all sandy when you shoot on the beech?

Robert Amoruso
01-11-2011, 07:43 AM
This is very cool Rakesh. Is the image stitched or a single image?

I agree that a pano crop would be a better presentation. I would crop from the bottom and divide the image into at Rule of Thirds with the bottom third horizontal line going through the birds. I repost that idea here. My preference would be to have more the BG (above birds) in the image then a large out of focus FG.

I cut and pasted you copyright into this recrop.

Kaustubh Deshpande
01-11-2011, 10:57 AM
Rakesh, you always make good use of space. Liked this a lot. loved the super low angle and the shallow DOF. I like the crop by Robert more.

Nancy Bell
01-11-2011, 05:07 PM
I'll be a bit of a contrarian here. I would like to see a crop with more foreground and less background. For me that grayish sky is not very appealing and somewhat blotchy. The lovely flawless tan beach adds to the tans and whites of the birds and strengthens the low POV. Very cool image of simple lines but lots of birds!

James Alexander
01-11-2011, 05:15 PM
Wonderful as is, even better with Robert's crop.

Allen Hirsch
01-11-2011, 06:13 PM
I agree with Nancy - go 2/3 beach, 1/3 sky, for the same reasons she gave.

Nice that they lined up so well for you, Rakesh. :)

Alan Lillich
01-11-2011, 07:34 PM
I actually like the original crop quite a bit, line in the middle or not. It works for me since the top and the bottom are uniform in themselves but distinctly different. This would look great as a 6' wide print in an office lobby.

RakeshDhareshwar
03-15-2011, 03:36 AM
This is very cool Rakesh. Is the image stitched or a single image?

I agree that a pano crop would be a better presentation. I would crop from the bottom and divide the image into at Rule of Thirds with the bottom third horizontal line going through the birds. I repost that idea here. My preference would be to have more the BG (above birds) in the image then a large out of focus FG.

I cut and pasted you copyright into this recrop.

Thanx robert . This is a single image .