PDA

View Full Version : To the Moon

Kenn Christensen
01-03-2008, 10:45 PM
I shot these pronghorn on the run at Custer State Park... they ran right into the sun.. needless to say the sky was gone... sooooooooo I improvised... and worked in a bit of manipulation.. I liked the result...

Fabs Forns
01-03-2008, 10:47 PM
Kenn, this works very well and the blue cast, that would interfere in a conventional image, is a plus here.

Very strong composition, looking forward to more :)

Judd Patterson
01-03-2008, 11:17 PM
Lovely result, Kenn! The "moon shadows" and the blue cast really give this a nice feel. I also look forward to your future work.

Josh O'Donnell
01-04-2008, 09:33 AM
Great idea here Kenn and I really like the results! As stated, the 'moon shadows' and blue cast give this a dreamy feel that is quite unique. On the right side of the moon I see some artifacts (floating grass) that could be removed and the point where the moon and horizon merge (right side again) seems to have some of the moon missing... I know these are nit-picky but hey, that's what we're here for!

Kenn Christensen
01-04-2008, 10:42 AM
yeah thanks.. I notice this isnt my "production" version... wonder how that happened? its much better and those things have been fixed... *sigh*.. thanks for your thoughts on this!

Alfred Forns
01-04-2008, 10:49 AM
I love this image Kenn !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Looks realistic with an incredible feel !!!!! Big Congrats !!!

Robert Amoruso
01-04-2008, 08:36 PM
Very nice work for all the reasons stated.

Terry Eddington
01-05-2008, 11:41 PM
I really like this. Great job of taking a bad situation and turning it to your advantage.

Rick A. Brown
01-13-2008, 06:41 PM
Wow, this is one of the best photo art kinds of things I've seen. Reminds me of old movie shots where they shoot day for night, only this looks better. Makes you feel like you want to be following those pronghorn.