PDA

View Full Version : January Project: Winter - Ice Princess Doing Pirouettes...

Mikko Viljamaa
01-10-2011, 10:32 PM
I'm not sure how one participates to monthly projects and what's the difference between it and a normal thread (and is it just for certain forums) but after processing this one I though that it would qualify as a comical winter photo...

Cheers,

Mikko

EOS 1DMK3
500mm 4.0L + 1.4 II TC
Car as hide + BLUBB
Av Mode
Evaluative metering + 1
ISO 640
f/7.1
1/125

Julie Kenward
01-11-2011, 12:49 PM
Mikko, I'm assuming that is the challenge for the Avian forum but we're happy to view the image here!

It looks like you could have used a little more ss as the back of the bird is pretty blurry but I do like the implied motion it brings to the feet! The blacks of the bird look really good - nice job on exposure - it certainly helps when the day is gray and overcast so as not to cause dark shadows.

Next time try to get the bird turned in your direction so we have more of a "face to face" view and up that ss a bit more for moving targets!

James Alexander
01-11-2011, 04:51 PM
Really like the tentative step, much like wearing a snow shoe across the ice! I think I hear her saying, "I knew we should have flown to Florida@"

annmpacheco
01-11-2011, 10:02 PM
I like the composition, and the sharpness around the head. Wish the back end was as detailed. Beautiful eye!!! Ann

Ben_Sadd
01-12-2011, 06:20 PM
My, what big feet you have...

Good details in the blacks and the eye is nice and sharp. A looser crop may have been better, as would a better HA, as Jules mentioned.

Mikko Viljamaa
01-13-2011, 09:26 PM
As usually it's hard to argue with you guys when you are right. Thanks everyone...

Mikko