PDA

View Full Version : DAP Rooster

Christopher Miller
01-10-2011, 09:52 PM
This was my first try at DAP. This is a picture of our pet rooster named Julius. He follows us around like a puppy dog, snuggles into your arms when picked up...He's a real sweetie. :)

I used the Monet preset and blended it a little with the original. Any comments and suggestions would be most appreciated.

Keith Carver
01-11-2011, 07:36 AM
I like the texture and Monet effect, Christopher. I wish this rooster's eyes were open. The torn edge border is more distinct at the top than it is on the sides and bottom, not sure why. TFS!

Richard Lovison
01-11-2011, 07:37 AM
Hi Chris,

The textures and style of painting work well with the subject. I like the composition with the placement of the head and bluish features to the left. Nicely done.

Richard

denise ippolito
01-11-2011, 08:44 AM
Christopher, I like the composition, nice painterly effect. I think the torn edge look is a nice touch.

Dan Brown
01-11-2011, 09:52 AM
Very good looking painting Chris! Roosters are a fav of mine! My first reaction to this was "where is the eye".
I found it quickly but maybe an improvement here would be to reduce the DAP effect in the eye area! Great work on a nice original image!

Cheryl Slechta
01-11-2011, 07:53 PM
Christopher, Julius looks like a really nice pet. I miss having chickens (but so do the hawks and owls in my yard). I like the Monet effect with this.:)

Christopher Miller
01-11-2011, 08:40 PM
Thanks a lot, guys. I appreciate the comments.

Keith, the reason that the border along the top is more distinct is because I lightened that area. I kind of wish he had his eyes open too, but he's such a relaxed rooster he had them closed the whole time.

Andrew McLachlan
01-11-2011, 08:52 PM
Hi Christopher, nice textures and pose. The closed eye seems to suit his relaxed nature.

Christopher Miller
01-11-2011, 09:01 PM
Thanks Andrew. :)

Indranil Sircar
01-12-2011, 02:42 AM
Wonderful composition, Christopher. I really like the relaxed look you have captured here. Nice painterly effect.