PDA

View Full Version : Monet Water Lilies

Cheryl Slechta
01-10-2011, 07:18 PM
This is a double layer of Monet. On the base layer I let Monet using vibrant colors run through the recommended number of strokes and saved as a layered image. Then I started with the original image and just let it run until dry reveal started because I wanted a lot less detail than I'd gotten from the first DAP. I layered it over the first DAP in Photoshop and revealed just a little of the more detailed lily from the first DAP. I then used a deep blue photo filter to heighten the colors. I thought it looked more like a Monet with the brush strokes more apparent and abstract.

Thanks for looking. comments and suggestions appreciated:)

DanWalters
01-10-2011, 07:31 PM
Very nice! Really like the subtle colors.

denise ippolito
01-10-2011, 08:48 PM
Cheryl, I love the purple tones and the painterly look to this. You are really working that filter!!!:)

Patti Edens
01-10-2011, 08:52 PM
That is so beautiful. I love the colors and how the bits of purple throughout bring out the purple plant in the foreground! Great idea to run the filter twice and blend them. Never thought of doing that.

Ken Childs
01-11-2011, 08:20 AM
Great OOTB thinking to run DAP twice! Your results do look very Monet-like! :)

Dan Brown
01-11-2011, 09:59 AM
Really nice results from your technique with the effects Cheryl! Love the colors!

Judy Howle
01-11-2011, 08:58 PM
You really know how to get the most out of that filter! It's beautiful! I don't own the program. Tried it a while back and didn't get good results and am sure I didn't know how to use it correctly, but I might try it again if it's possible.