PDA

View Full Version : Flicker in a snowfall

Richard Stern
03-18-2008, 04:50 PM
Several people who have seen this image have told me they like it, but I'm interested in some more constructive criticism here. Taken through the kitchen window glass this winter - D300, Tamron 200-500, hand-held,

Exposure time: 1/800 s
F number: 6.3
Exposure program: Aperture priority
ISO speed rating: 1600

(N.Flickers are common here in summer, but a few linger - mostly after suet feeders, in winter).

Richard

Gus Cobos
03-18-2008, 06:15 PM
Hey Richard,
This is a very nice shot. I love the colors of the bird and the contrast of the background. The black specs on the feathers looks like they were painted with a brush. Very nice composition...:)

BIG CONGRATS...:D

Gus...:cool:

Alfred Forns
03-18-2008, 06:25 PM
Looks good from every angle Richard !!!! ..... from kitchen window !!!!!! Just beautiful and the snow adds so much mood !!! Big Congrats !!!

Oscar Zangroniz
03-18-2008, 08:09 PM
Love the contrast and the bg with the snow falling, great composition.
Congrats!!!!!

Nonda Surratt
03-19-2008, 12:48 PM
Lovely image all around, almost looks like a painting!!!

Harold Davis
03-19-2008, 02:44 PM
hi richard, my apologies!! i saw this image last night and thought i commented on it. i love this. beautiful bird and i love the snow scene. i'm a sucker for birds with snow falling. excellent capture through the window. if you shoot that good through the window, you should mount a natural perch to that railing and hope he would land on the perch instead of the rail.:p