PDA

View Full Version : Egret Fight

Aravind Krishnaswamy
01-10-2011, 10:58 AM
Took this on my visit to the Venice Rookery last May, just did get around to processing it until now. What appeals to me is the little guy in the little guy in the back.

Technical: 1D4, 500 + 1./4x TC, f/8, 1/1600s, ISO 200.
Post: Minor tonal adjustments in LR, cropping for a slightly tighter framing.

Stu Bowie
01-10-2011, 11:54 AM
Hi Aravind, thats some action, and hopefully everyone came off unscathed. Love the egret in the BG encouraging the fight.:) Whites look really white, not blown, but white white, if you know what I mean. They do stand out against the green BG.

Robert Amoruso
01-10-2011, 03:46 PM
Aravind,

Actually an adult Great Egret feeding a large juvenile. In that strong a light, you did well with the exposure and flash would not have been too useful to fill shadows. So you either accept it or wait for this activity in better (earlier in the morning or overcast).

You did good getting a clean BG and the FG branches they are on look pleasing. Good view of the eye of the chick getting fed.

Chris Martinez
01-11-2011, 04:09 AM
Actually an adult Great Egret feeding a large juvenile.

haha I thought it was a feeding session :D
You really did do well with the whites and the BG shows the habitat but has no distractions and is a lovely setting.
Hope junior up the back got a feed too:)

Aravind Krishnaswamy
01-11-2011, 09:24 AM
Yea I figured it was probably a feeding but a fight sounded more sensational :)

Thanks for the confirmation Robert.

Sadly, junior in the back didn't get fed that session. The parent took off (presumably to get more food) before that could happen.