PDA

View Full Version : Take 2 Junco

Chad Caswell
01-10-2011, 09:31 AM
The below was taken on Saturday from my van using a bean bag on the window ledge, I love these birds but hate that they are on the ground 99% of the time, this one was waiting in line to visit the feeder so he took a rest on a perch that Noelle and I had put up near the feeder to get some more natural looking images. :D The drift wood was brought from Jerseeyyy to Michigan installed on a pressure treated 4x4 and it sits in the middle of my flower garden LOL who cares what it looks like, it makes a wonderful perch and it serves its purpose.

TFL and C&C is always a pleasure.

Chad

500mm plus 1.4x on the Mark IV
Exposure Time: 1/1600 sec
F-Number: f/8.0
Exposure Program: Manual
ISO Speed Rating: 800

Julie Brown
01-10-2011, 09:50 AM
Hi Chad. I love juncoes. Good exposure and detail on the head. These birds are tough to get because of the contrast range. I think the HA is engaging and like the catchlight as well.

Stu Bowie
01-10-2011, 10:05 AM
Inquisitive pose Chad, and you have exposed the little guy very well. I like the overall detail.

Randy Stout
01-10-2011, 11:09 AM
Chad:

More even exposure on the bird this time, nicely done.
The part of the perch he is sitting on is very good, interesting texture, plus the snow.

In a perfect world, I would prefer not to have the rear portion of the perch by his head, it just competes too much with him.

Like the inquisitive pose.

Cheers

Randy

Chris Kotze
01-10-2011, 12:43 PM
Sharp and well captured and exposed

Chris Martinez
01-11-2011, 04:04 AM
The darks on the bird are full of detail and look great. I feel the darks portions of the BG are a little distracting.
Beautiful little bird and cute pose.