PDA

View Full Version : Pink Cyclamen

Anita Bower
01-10-2011, 07:15 AM
My apologies for not participating lately.

Cyclamen is my winter flower--it keeps me from suffering too much from flower deprivation during the cold months.

Nikon D300, Sigma macro 105mm, f40 (relative f stop), 2.5 sec., ISO 125, tripod, manual exposure and focus, natural window light, indoors. PP: minor crop, minor adj in PP7.

C&C welcome.

kostas nianiopoulos
01-10-2011, 08:21 AM
I have this plant too , but mine has no flowers yet , i love the colours here nicely done !!!

Ken Childs
01-10-2011, 11:58 AM
Anita, I love the soft pink colors in this! What did you use as a BG? I might crop a bit from the bottom but overall this looks fine as is. Cyclamen are not my favorites, mainly because they are so angular and that seems to go against the soft colors that some of the varieties have but when I see captures like this, I might be convinced to change my mind! :)

Gary Hamilton
01-10-2011, 12:31 PM
Hi, Anita. What a gorgeous image! I love the composition (maybe take a tiny bit off of the bottom), sharpness and background. Interested in how you achieved that background.

Richard Lovison
01-10-2011, 12:58 PM
Anita,

Love the simplicity of the composition and the shape of the flower. Almost looks architectural as the lines of the flower look so precise. Very unusual.

Pink on pink works for me as well. Beautifully done.

Richard

Anita Bower
01-10-2011, 02:25 PM
What did you use as a BG? )
I forgot to mention the bg--it was a piece of pink scrapbooking paper.
Glad you like it. :-)

Anita Bower
01-10-2011, 02:26 PM
Hi, Anita. What a gorgeous image! I love the composition (maybe take a tiny bit off of the bottom), sharpness and background. Interested in how you achieved that background.

Thanks! BG is pink scrapbooking paper.

Nancy Bell
01-10-2011, 02:29 PM
Anita, This is lovely! These are exactly the pinks I tried to capture. This inspires me to try again. I also am curious how you created the pale pink background.

Anita Bower
01-10-2011, 02:53 PM
Anita, This is lovely! These are exactly the pinks I tried to capture. This inspires me to try again. I also am curious how you created the pale pink background.

Thanks! I used a piece of scrapbooking paper. I keep a supply of different colors. I hope to see another photo of a Cyclamen from you.

Steve Maxson
01-10-2011, 06:16 PM
Hi Anita. This is very nice. The pink on pink works very well. I also like the soft natural light and the comp is just right for my tastes. Well done.

Anita Bower
01-10-2011, 06:24 PM
Thank you, all!

Julie Kenward
01-11-2011, 12:55 PM
Beautiful! I love Cyclamen as well - Shamrocks and Cyclamen have gotten me through many a tough winter!

This is gorgeous with the touch of white at the tips and the dark pink at the base.

Adrian David
01-12-2011, 12:10 PM
Excellent color rendition! A bit soft for me, but if that's what was intended, is fine with me...

Roman Kurywczak
01-12-2011, 12:20 PM
Hey Anita,
I'm not the biggest fan of hte BG.....but the comp is fantastic!.......so just a color thing and my personal preference. Fantastic light and great comp with a difficult subject makes this work all around regardless of my feeling on the bG.