PDA

View Full Version : The Guys Of The Road

kostas nianiopoulos
01-10-2011, 04:53 AM
http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/2392/theguysoftheroad.jpg

I found those guys in end of the road in the weekend as i was goin to buy stuff for the living , they was buds when i found and till bring them home they was open as u see . This little flowers i see them often here i dont know what is their name .

clone tool , crop , levels , dodge tool , box blur on BG , high pass sharpen , and i did try to remove some noise with the topaz denoise from the flowers but i had no result at all , i dont know why so if u have any idea , please let me know .

canon 50d
f16
1/8
iso 100
EF USM IS 100MM MACRO L.
natural light on tripod

Thanks for watching

Anita Bower
01-10-2011, 07:20 AM
Lovely! I love the bright glow! Some may think it too much, but I like it. I like the bright colors, the composition, the crop. How did you get that glow that seems to come from inside the flowers?

I have had great success with Topaz denoise. I merge all my layers before using it, then create one new layer. TD has a number of levels for removing noise which you can preview.

kostas nianiopoulos
01-10-2011, 08:19 AM
Hi Anita , u will think that i am stupid , but i really dont know how this happend , the only think i did on the flowers is gave them a little bit of extra light in the center , the most of the work is on bg.

Ken Childs
01-10-2011, 11:51 AM
Kostas, this was a great find! I wish I knew what kind of flowers they are. I also wish you knew exactly what you did with the lighting on this because it looks pretty cool! Other than a few tiny black spots, the flowers look fine to me and the BG look great! The only major change I would make would be to add some more space on the left since that is where the flowers are 'looking'. Well done! :)

Steve Maxson
01-10-2011, 06:11 PM
Hi Kostas. The lighting and background are both very interesting here! I would agree with Ken about adding some room on the left as all the "action" seems to be pushing up against that side of the frame. :) You might also consider removing the unopened green bud from the ULC. Overall, this is very well done.

kostas nianiopoulos
01-11-2011, 02:48 AM
they just told me that this flowers is sorrel (clover) species :)

Julie Kenward
01-11-2011, 12:57 PM
Not only is the lighting beautiful but you did a bang up job on the composition and crop, Kostas. The BG looks lovely against the brighter yellows - I think this is my new favorite of yours!

Roman Kurywczak
01-12-2011, 12:16 PM
Hey Kostas,
This looks like it had strong backlighting which made this very dramatic! I like the suggestions given above but you did very well with this find!