PDA

View Full Version : White Ibis Landing

WIlliam Maroldo
01-09-2011, 11:37 PM
Sony A850~Sony 70-400G@400mm~ISO 1600~1/1600 sec~F6.3~manual exposure~HH~overcast, near sunset~1-7-2011~Brazos Bend State Park,Texas~CS5
The light was deteriorating rapidly, and I was surprised to come up with this one. I suppose I could do something with the right wing tip. Comments and critique welcomed. regards~Bill

my website (http://avianimagesource.com)

carole wiley
01-10-2011, 04:30 PM
Love the wing position on this one, nice and sharp throughout and nice detail in the bird. the crop is perfect and I can't see anything I would have liked better. Sweet....

Ben_Sadd
01-10-2011, 05:47 PM
Very nice wing position. I like everything on the bird. Good job.

I am not sure about the few tufts of vegetation in the LRC and the dark lines from the tree reflections draw my eye a little.

Julie Kenward
01-10-2011, 06:51 PM
William, another lovely image. Why you don't post these in Avian is beyond me. They are so good!

Wing postion and body angle are very nice. Yes, you might try to bring a little crispness to the wing tip that is blurry...that can't hurt to try. I'd also think about taking the small bits of grass out of the LLC since it doesn't run all the way across the bottom frame.

annmpacheco
01-11-2011, 10:07 PM
Good detail and sharpness. The wings are and tail feathers are fully opened and pleasing to see. The wing blur is what it is. You are lucky to get such a swell shot at the end of the day! TFS, ann