PDA

View Full Version : Circle B Bar Preserve shortly after sunrise 1/8/2011

Brian Grant
01-09-2011, 11:35 PM
http://g1.img-dpreview.com/AA71281E2DE24D4797D7B471514034E2.jpg

Robert Amoruso
01-10-2011, 07:50 AM
Brian,

I was there on Sunday but more interested in birds then scenic. I know where you took this from and the the problem here is getting a clean sight line to the trees the wood storks are in. The bushes int he FG attractive the eye and are not very pleasing with the deep shadows in them. Also your shooting angle to that of the light angle is bad from the trails vantage point - that is what causes the deep shadows.

If you could better isolate one of these trees, that would be a better image and would also let you viewer see that that white blobs in the tree are wood storks. Short telephotos are great for doing this.

After I finished up with the birds I took a walk down Alligator Alley to the lake and found a lot of good scenic possibilities. So that area is worth a try. In a place like Circle B Bar, having the light at you back will generally produce a more pleasing result.

Please remember to post the technical information, equipment use and all exposure information including ISO.Also, image size can be up to 1024x800 so take advantage of that.

Thanks for posting.

Dave Mills
01-10-2011, 01:55 PM
Hi Brian, good suggestions by Robert which covered my thoughts....

Roman Kurywczak
01-11-2011, 06:09 PM
Hey Brian,
Can't add much to what Robert said......you can post it a bit larger too! Remember the specs too so we can better assist you.