PDA

View Full Version : goldeneye salute

carole wiley
01-09-2011, 07:30 PM
New Years resolution....more posts on BPN. this image was created with the markIII and 100-400 at f6.3 1/2500 ISO400. This little fellow seamed to have a sence of humor, I think it is a good way to begin 2011.

annmpacheco
01-09-2011, 08:32 PM
Hats off to you too Carole, Nice detail all around and the color contrast is swell, I like the beautiful green and blacks against that carrot colored foot! Here's to more posts! TFS Ann

Craig Wallace
01-09-2011, 08:36 PM
Very nice action image, good detail, like the water spots. In my humble opinon, clone out out focus ducks in background, add some to left and remove some from right.
Craig

Brendan Dozier
01-09-2011, 11:22 PM
Nice one, good detail and colors. I like the interesting pose, the tail reminds me of a seal tail.
Agree with craig on adjustments.

Richard Unsworth
01-10-2011, 03:12 AM
Well done Carole you got the exposure spot on, light is just right. looking at your ISO and SS:2eyes2: compared to my efforts

I notice this is a different GE from UK is it a Barrows, or perhaps a first year male?; different whiteface patch.

There is a vertical patch up the LHS `of the image and some colour noise in BG.

Julie Kenward
01-10-2011, 06:59 PM
Well that made me laugh out loud! Thanks for the chuckle, Carol!

I can't believe those whites aren't hot but the histogram shows them as being in line - surprised me! If it were mine, I'd tone them down just a tiny bit as they really look bright. I like the pose and the low angle - you've got the duck in a nice position in the frame as well. I do think the comp would have been stronger with the entire bodies of the two birds in the BG either all in or all out. I feel like you noticed the main bird and not the BG and we have always got to be aware of what's in front and what's in back of what we're shooting.

Keep that in mind next time but good job overall!

Mikko Viljamaa
01-10-2011, 09:55 PM
Very nice. Looks like it's trying to stifle a sneeze... :p

Some noise on the BG, especially above the bird, which should be easy to remove.

Mikko

John Chardine
01-11-2011, 10:35 AM
This is a Barrow's Goldeneye- note the shape of the white patch on the face and the bluish sheen to the head feathers. I'm seeing lots of detail in the whites on my monitor- well done. Following from Jules' comment, you can get the appearance of blown whites if you have lots of contiguous white pixels together with no detail showing visible. I would add some space to the left too. Too bad one of the BG birds is cut off- were they both visible in the original? If so try including them and give them some room up top.

nancy hazen
01-11-2011, 11:38 PM
Great pose! I love the shots catching birds in action! You did a great job here.
Nancy