PDA

View Full Version : Common Redpoll

Steve Maxson
03-18-2008, 03:07 PM
I took this image as a grab shot the other day while field testing my 40D next to a feeder on my deck. What may look like a sharpening halo on the branch is present on the original RAW file. 40D, 500 f/4, 1/1250, f/5.6, ISO 400. Cropped from a horizontal.

Judy Lynn Malloch
03-18-2008, 04:19 PM
Hi Steve .

Nice capture of the redpole and good exposure and good detail. Like the slight head turn and eye contact as well but would like to see the bird not quite so centered in the frame. More room to the right and a little less on the left. It appears slightly over sharpened on my monitor . Thanks for sharing Steve.

Jonathan Michael Ashton
03-18-2008, 04:43 PM
Hey that is some grab shot! I like it very much, would it be worthwhile cloning out the branch in the background?
Jon

Maxis Gamez
03-18-2008, 05:52 PM
Hey Steve,

Love the pose and set up. I think the branch in the BG is very distracting, but that's it for me.

Gus Cobos
03-19-2008, 08:54 PM
Hi Steve,
Very nice shot. Love the background and the colors of your subject. Must agree with the rest in taking the bird out of the center of the frame, also that top branch going through the bird can be cloned out,; giving you a better composition..

Gus...:cool: