PDA

View Full Version : Painting of the Old Barn

Christopher Miller
01-09-2011, 03:44 PM
I downloaded the trial version of DAP yesterday. I've only used a few times, but I'm already hooked. It's just so much fun to use! :) I did up this picture of the old barn using the Benson preset and masking back in a few of the details. Also before running DAP, I applied a few of my textures which gave it the yellowish tone. Any comments and suggestions would be most appreciated.

Andrew McLachlan
01-09-2011, 04:58 PM
Hi Christopher, nice painting. I like how the path leads to the barn. I might consider cloning out the three bright areas near the top center section of the comp - maybe barn roof reflecting sun? Nice work!:)

Christopher Miller
01-09-2011, 05:11 PM
Hi Christopher, nice painting. I like how the path leads to the barn. I might consider cloning out the three bright areas near the top center section of the comp - maybe barn roof reflecting sun? Nice work!:)

Yes, Andrew, those areas are parts of the barn roof. Thanks for the suggestion, I think it does look better with them cloned out.

denise ippolito
01-09-2011, 05:43 PM
Christopher, I love the Benson style in DAP. Great look to the "old barn" I might crop some from the bottom. I think that the roof area should be toned down instead of cloned as it adds to the shape of the barn IMHO.:) I love the painterly look to this.

Cheryl Slechta
01-09-2011, 06:42 PM
Christopher, the barn has a new look:) It really came out nice. I think Denise's suggestion is a good one - I liked the roof peeking out just needs to be a little less bright.

Judy Howle
01-09-2011, 07:28 PM
I love the composition, colors and Benson effect Christopher! Well done!

Christopher Miller
01-09-2011, 08:52 PM
Thanks everyone! Here it is with the roof just toned down.

denise ippolito
01-10-2011, 09:20 AM
I like the roof better.:)

Ken Childs
01-10-2011, 06:03 PM
Hey Christopher, the last repost gets my vote but I agree with Denise that it might look better with a small slice off the bottom. Well done overall!

Christopher Miller
01-10-2011, 09:06 PM
Thanks Denise and Ken. I appreciate it! :)